Author Topic: How to give a Ring Group an external number  (Read 2671 times)

Offline mufasa

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to give a Ring Group an external number
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:16:02 AM »
Hi All,

new on the forum and new-ish to administering a mitel system. (previous guy in charge of the phone system has now left the company without a hand over)

ive got a ring group which is not being used by anyone at the moment, im planning to reassign the ring group to a newly formed department and then also assign it an external number.

im not quite sure where to go and or the steps to assign a ring group an external number

any help will be appreciated

thanks

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to give a Ring Group an external number
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
If you have DIDs then you just need to assign the public number as the pilot number of the ring group or use a system speed call to send it there. Usually this will only be the last four digits of the number.

Offline mufasa

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:41:59 AM »
Hi Matt

thanks for your reply.  where in the Mitel Communicator Director console will i be able to assign a public number to a DiD?

thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
Your public numbers are assigned by your telco, they usually send you 3-10 digits for routing over your PRI/T1, you give the ring group the extension that is the same as those digits, giving it that outside number. Alternatively, you create the ring group with just any extension that fits in your numbering plan, and point the 3-10 DID digits to the ring group extension via the System Speed Dial table.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10