Author Topic: Call Forwarding to Multiple Extensions.....for a noob  (Read 3073 times)

Offline sburkhalter

• View Profile
Call Forwarding to Multiple Extensions.....for a noob
« on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
I'm sorry to be one that joins a board and immediately posts a question, but I've got an issue that I need to resolve A.S.A.P.  Please don't think I'm a jerk.  I'm just in a tight spot.  I've been administrating two Mitel SX200ICP switches for a few years, but I've never had any training.  Most of the changes I need to make are the same changes over and over again, i.e. moving extensions, programming buttons and the like.  Now I've got an immediate request to do something I have no clue how to do.

One of our departments wants a call to be forwarded to multiple extensions if it doesn't get answered by the original extension.  How to I do such a thing?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forwarding to Multiple Extensions.....for a noob
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »
There appears to be 2 options. 1 create a ring group with the members or 2 create a phantom extension and put either a keyline or multicall key on the desired sets. Then forward either to the hunt group access code or extension.

Valid call forwarding destinations are: Dial 0 access code, night bell, LDN’s, hunt groups (not data or modem pooling type), industry-standard telephones, SUPERSET telephones, Mitel IP telephones, consoles, ACD Paths, personal speedcall keys, system abbreviated dial numbers, or personal speedcalls.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:26:06 AM »
John,
Ring groups on a 200?   Is that an option?

Ralph

Offline sburkhalter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »
Thank you so much for your answers.  Let me complicate things a bit.  What they REALLY want to do is to have a call from their main number forwarded to another desk if it's not answered.  If the person at that desk doesn't answer, they want the call to be forwarded to three other extensions.  The only way I know to forward calls is to forward all calls from one extension to another.  But, I believe they only want calls into the main number to be forwarded around.

Is that possible?  If so, how do I do that?  Thank you again for your help.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:55:11 AM »
Ralph, yes there are ring groups on the 200ICP. OP, I would create a phantom extension, put an appearance on all phones involved. Immediate ring on the first group, delay on the second. You may have to use rerouting for the main number depending on how it is set to ring in. I would read attendant automatic overflow

Offline sburkhalter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »
I configured the calls so that it rings the back desk immediately and the front desk on a delay.  If it's not answered, it goes to a phantom extension which rings on the other extensions.  I think that will resolve their request.  Thanks again guys.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10