Author Topic: Calls not going to the dialed number  (Read 11661 times)

Offline imperium1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Calls not going to the dialed number
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »
Hello,
I have a mitel 5000 (running version 6) with 8 analog co trunks and mostly 5320 sets.  This is an intermittent problem, where when the customer dials a number like the sales guy's cell phone, the call will go to a completely different phone number.  however, the call display on the dialing phone shows the correct phone number and the SMDR log also shows the correct number.

I tried calling out with a test telephone set connected directly to the Telco equipment to bypass the mitel and was unable to reproduce the problem. so i do not believe that the telco is the problem. 

Is there any way that the co trunk ports are converting the IP signal incorrectly when converting to the analog trunks?

or any other ideas on what i can try?

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
Re: Calls not going to the dialed number
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »
I would recommend you purchase a Panasonic phone system.  They are much better than Mitel.

Lol.  I too would be curious if anyone can answer this question as I'm having the same problem :-)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »
Hello,
I have a mitel 5000 (running version 6) with 8 analog co trunks and mostly 5320 sets.  This is an intermittent problem, where when the customer dials a number like the sales guy's cell phone, the call will go to a completely different phone number.  however, the call display on the dialing phone shows the correct phone number and the SMDR log also shows the correct number.

I tried calling out with a test telephone set connected directly to the Telco equipment to bypass the mitel and was unable to reproduce the problem. so i do not believe that the telco is the problem. 

Is there any way that the co trunk ports are converting the IP signal incorrectly when converting to the analog trunks?

or any other ideas on what i can try?
Hmmm... very unusual but it could be the DTMF tones are too quick and are being misinterpreted by the telco, the default time is 60ms but you could try increasing it to 100ms, look in System->Timers and Limits for "DTMF Digit Duration/Pause".

The only other things I can think of are very unusual, like ARS modifying the digit string because of a weird match, or a bad DTMF generator in the system, which would involve replacing the main board.

Oh, and to unclejemima... BLASPHEMER!!! BLASPHEMER!!! SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!  ;D

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 12:09:16 PM »
I am going to a site tomorrow that has reported the same issue. I'm going to put a digi grabber on for capture as well as verify loop current. Strange that there is another report of this. I also think this site is V6

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:35:02 PM »
Hmmm... odd... I have several release 6 Mitel 5000's out there, several with copper lines, never heard this issue.

Again, my first thought would be to increase the DTMF duration, I have a hard time thinking the 5000 would just randomly change digits around but then again, stuff happens...

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »
I am going to a site tomorrow that has reported the same issue. I'm going to put a digi grabber on for capture as well as verify loop current. Strange that there is another report of this. I also think this site is V6

We had the same issue and after many, many (and I mean many) hours Mitel is blaming our system provider for not translating the numbers fast enough.  Sounds like utter horse dung to me...

Anyway, the solution from mitel was to create a "outgoing" call button for the staff that slows the outgoing dialed numbers.  No more can we just choose a line and dial.  If you do, you will get a very high chance the number will not connect to the right call.

I'm curious what your solution was.  Its a V6 thing for us, but both the service provider and Mitel are pointing fingers...and I'm stuck in the middle.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
I think either SP1 or SP2 may fix this issue

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 02:45:41 AM »
My loop current reading were in the 50's, did put some current reduction devices on. I don't know if there are continuing issues though. I also know the customer was complaining about echo and distorted sound. I saw some reference to this being fixed.

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:35 AM »
I think either SP1 or SP2 may fix this issue

Is SP2 already out?  How can I tell what SP i'm on?

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »
My loop current reading were in the 50's, did put some current reduction devices on. I don't know if there are continuing issues though. I also know the customer was complaining about echo and distorted sound. I saw some reference to this being fixed.

We have the issue with echo and distortion as well.  The references to this being fixed, are they from SP1 or SP2 or because of the current reduction devices?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
V6.0 Patch Release 2 Call Processing (CP 6.0.9.64)

V6.0 Patch Release 2 released on September 27, 2013

MN00486352 - Fixes audio problems with IP phones and loop start trunks where the IP phone hears zapping and high side tone noises at higher volumes.  Also fixes dtmf dialing problems with loop start trunks.  After installing this patch, it is recommended to return any trunk TX and RX gain settings to zero in database programming and re-run the hybrid balance tests on all loop start lines.

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 10:16:05 PM »
6.0 PR2 didn't change anything for most of our customers on DTMF issues. Mitel said it will be corrected in PR4.

Problem seems to affect only v6.0 with 52xx/53xx phones with LS trunks.

Calls routed using ARS do not seem to be affected by this issue.

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 09:38:22 AM »
This is a trunk gain issue. You can reduce the TX gain on each trunk by -3db or -6db (your system may require a different setting depending on the LS trunk).
You can also change the outgoing of each station to use ARS instead of the trunk group (use 92000 instead of 92001).

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:28 PM »
This is a trunk gain issue. You can reduce the TX gain on each trunk by -3db or -6db (your system may require a different setting depending on the LS trunk).
You can also change the outgoing of each station to use ARS instead of the trunk group (use 92000 instead of 92001).

We've done this and it has helped, but not solved the problem.  And it odd how using the auto config for trunk DB will result in different numbers for different lines.  Some very different!

Mitel won't give out the PR4 to everyone, and at the moment we are still trying to get it from them.  They have confirmed this will NOT fix the issue in PR4...rather they are still working on it and have confirmed other customers are having the same issue (FINALLY!)...but they also said they have no clue how to fix it.  Don't expect a actual fix for a LONG time is what I figure.

Has anyone hear any other news regarding this problem?

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Calls not going to the dialed number
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 09:03:27 AM »
I put in 2 x 5000 a few months ago both on v6 connected to loop start trunks and both complaining about echo and feedback issues on the IP handsets. Mitel recommended upgrading to 6PR2 which did help, but still not at the quality you expect from a business phone system. We have now moved one site onto SIP and the other is going eventually going onto ISDN30, and we no longer recommend using 5000 with LS ports!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10