Author Topic: What phone are others using on Reception?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
What phone are others using on Reception?
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:00:09 AM »
Since we've had the Mitel 5000 installed, our Receptionists have complained about their telephone handsets.

They have a 5324 handset with a 5448 key module attached. This gives them approximately 60 programmable buttons, which are assigned to each member of staff and used for forwarding calls (pretty much all our calls come via reception - very few are DDI).

So the result is this phone is very heavily used and now some of the buttons are wearing out. In less than 3 years we have replaced this phone twice because of overuse. The buttons are not getting mashed, just getting pressed a LOT. Understandably, the CALL KEY 1 is the first to show signs of wear. It is taking an average of 3-4 presses to get it to do anything.

What are others doing with their Receptionists?
Do you also use the 5448 key module?
What other handset are compatible with 5000?

Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: What phone are others using on Reception?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
Have you considered the PC-Based Attendant Console?  Never touch the phone again, drag-and-drop transfers.  If you're using DND messaging attendant can view DND message before transferring caller.  Plus a feature I've seen nowhere else: attendant can use the TAG button to change the caller ID: caller ID says BIG BIZ CO, caller says this is Bob, attendant hits TAG and types BOB BIG BIZ, transfers call, receiving user sees BOB BIG BIZ.  Or user doesn't answer and comes back to attendant, he/she says "I'm sorry, Bob, John didn't answer.  Can I....?"

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
We always use at least a 5330.

Another vote here for the PC based attendant console, especially considering the amount of use your reception console appears to have!

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:33:26 PM »
Thanks both. Yes, we have the Mitel attendant console installed on the receptionists PC, but (how can I put this), we have a few very 'traditional' receptionists who like doing things the old way.

I'll have to push this option harder. The tagging feature looks good.

Cheers

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »
The PC based attendant on the 5000 is excellent, one of the best, and it is not tied to the type of phone, I recommend at least a 5340/5360 or 8568 phone as it gives the attendant all the soft menu keys. For PKM based solutions, the 5340/5360 with a PKM are much better than the 5224/5324 phone, they just don't have enough menu softkeys.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10