Author Topic: Need help with forwarding when unavailable  (Read 3493 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
Need help with forwarding when unavailable
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »
Hi,

OK, here is the scenario. I want my phone to forward to another extension when I don't answer, am engaged, in DND, etc (I need this for both internal and outside callers). However, if the forwarded extension doesn't pick up either, or is otherwise busy, I need the caller to go back to my voicemail so they can leave me a message.

Is this possible and how could it be setup?

On a related note, when looking at forwarding paths what do the following abbreviations mean?

Fwd Call Type - Call Routing Table
Fwd Call Type - CO Ring-In
Fwd Call Type - CO Transfer/AA/VM
Fwd Call Type - CO Recall
Fwd Call Type - DISA
Fwd Call Type - IC Calls

Thanks.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with forwarding when unavailable
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:59:39 AM »
You need to set up a System Forwarding path then assign it to your extn.

Go to System / Phone Related Information / Forwarding paths

Pick one and name it to mean something to you, set Forwarding Point 1 as your colleagues phone then set Forwarding Point 2 as your VM extn #, normally 2500.

Go to your phone under System / Devices and Feature Codes / Phones and then set whichever system forwarding path you set up under System Forwarding Paths.

Once you have done this you can double click the Forwarding Path and define which calls you want to follow the path.

Unfortunately the timers for this feature are Global not per extn, to change the timers look under System then Timers and Limits.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:41:10 PM »
By the way, if you have a user who needs a longer forward time before going to VM, just put your own ext as the first (maybe even second) forwarding .  So my ext is 111, Bob my backup is 112, VM is 2500.  Forwarding path is 111, 111, 112, 2500.  Call rings me for SYSTEM FORWARD INITIATE time, then rinmgs me for SYSTEM FORWARD ADVANCE timer, same thing a second time, the Bob, then VMAIL.  If I'm in DND it skips me.  If I have BUSY flag on, also skips me.
Meaning of the flags:
CALL ROUTING TABLE = calls that reached you via DID number (remember that this includes calls to main number if it's a DID and you're the ring-in destination...to break that path, pass calls through a CRA first)
CO Ring-In= non-DID lines that ring in directly to you, usually attendant
CO Transfer AA/VM = calls transferred to you by auto attendant or call routing application
CO Recall = failed transfers FROM you, or unanswered holding calls
DISA = rarely used anymore, lines that ring into an internal dial tone allowing caller to dial an extension
IC Calls= intercom...station-to-station calls

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:36:25 PM »
Very useful. Thanks both for the replies. I'll have a play and let you know if I get stuck again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10