Author Topic: Do you need the 'Outgoing' and 'Call Key 1' key?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline fredted40x

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Do you need the 'Outgoing' and 'Call Key 1' key?
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:56:05 AM »
Just asked the phone company tech if we could remove these keys and he said we shouldnt as he did with the IC call key.

Before asking i removed the IC key and could still make calls internally so not sure he knows 100%.

Do we really need these as they are taking two spaces on everyones phone and they only have 11?

Many thanks

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Do you need the 'Outgoing' and 'Call Key 1' key?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »
The Outgoing key is used for calling the Department of Redundancy Department. A Call key works just fine.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »
No, depending on your configuration. If you have line keys you can do without any of the Call Keys, if you are using a PRI/T1/SIP you should have at least 2 Call Keys to allow for Hold and ease of use. IC is not really required in any scenario unless you want to place ITCM on hold and retrieve it. On most of my installs, I have removed the IC key with no issues.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
You could remove the OUTGOING key and press 8 for outgoing instead.  Pressing CALL KEY 1 won't automatically make an outgoing call unless you also have an IC key (system needs to know if it's IC or outside, and without an IC button the Call Key does both). 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10