Author Topic: Outbound call routing based on tenant for ISDN and SIP  (Read 2772 times)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Outbound call routing based on tenant for ISDN and SIP
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas around a problem that I've hit.
Currently there is a system that has all incoming and outgoing via ISDN. They are now adding in a second site off of the one controller, with a new number range, but that is being delivered over a SIP trunk.
Now, the two sites will be tenanted, but I am struggling with an idea as to how to split ARS out so that site 1 uses the ISDN for outbound, and site 2 uses SIP for outbound.

The problem is that you can't tenant the SIP trunk, so my only idea is that you block access to the ISDN trunks for tenant 2, and then use an ARS list to have ISDN first, and then SIP second. This in theory would allow tenant 1 to access ISDN, and then tenant 2 would get blocked on the first list option, and fail to the second. Any ideas if this will work, or anyone experienced this and have any other suggestions?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outbound call routing based on tenant for ISDN and SIP
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »
I have heard of others using COR and Route Lists as you have suggested. It looks preferable and the easiest for another tech to follow.

Another way could be to use Interconnect Restrictions and creating the ARS Route Lists as you have described.
i.e.
Tenant 1 = Interconnect 1
Tenant 2 = Interconnect 2
ISDN Trunks = Interconnect 3
SIP Trunks = Interconnect 4

Then restrict from 1 to 4 and from 2 to 3. Never tried it but it should work in theory.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 12:27:37 AM »
Hmm, yeah good idea with the interconnects, will keep that one in mind.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:53 AM »
typically we would simply use COR restrictions. Create Route lists for everything containing a route for the ISDN and a route for SIP. COR restirct tenant 1 from the SIP route and tenant 2 from the ISDN route. This does give you a bit of flexibility if for some reason you needed tenant 2 to go out over the ISDN i.e 911 in case the SIP is down. That way you can create a ARS digit strict that "viloates" the seperation when needed.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10