Author Topic: Replaced a 3300 with a 5000 and need to get remote IP phones working  (Read 4771 times)

Offline TravisM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have a customer that purchased a 3300 from another vendor and asked me to replace it with a 5000. They have offices in three different cities working from their PBX. Because I know nothing about the 3300, I guessed that I could swap it out with the 5000 and as long as I had the mac addresses for all their phones I could get the remote phones to come up. I was right! Everything came up fine and worked flawlessly until I had to add another off-site phone. During the process of figuring out what the "TW install PW" prompt I was getting on the phone display, I discovered that there was a Teleworker Gateway Server on the network that their WAN IP was directed to. Obviously, I need to remove this hardware from the environment, but have no idea what differences in ports the TW Gateway uses vs. the 5000.

Can anyone help me with a road-map for this process? The customer is using a mix of 5340, 5330, and 5312 phones.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Replaced a 3300 with a 5000 and need to get remote IP phones working
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
Can I ask why you want to remove the MBG/Teleworker?

I believe the 5000 and MBG now support each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline TravisM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Replaced a 3300 with a 5000 and need to get remote IP phones working
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 01:13:40 AM »
I don't necessarily have to, I guess. It's just an unfamiliar piece of hardware that I don't need. If I can figure out how to set the TW PW I could leave it in place.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replaced a 3300 with a 5000 and need to get remote IP phones working
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 09:19:51 AM »
If you have access to the MBG via the server-manager page, then the TW PW is set under the Mitel Border Gateway link in the left-hand nav, then within the Configuration tab, and ICP's section. Its called the installer password in there.

We've always been big fans of Teleworker/MBG because you don't have to port map directly to a PBX, and if the MBG is installed correctly it gives you a little QOS for the remote phones on the customers internet pipe.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10