Author Topic: Delay on barge in outbound ONLY  (Read 2161 times)

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Delay on barge in outbound ONLY
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
Hello. I have a strange (even weird) one. Client has an ARD (auto ringdown line) that only outbound takes about 5 seconds before any other user can barge (3 way conf.) onto the line. Dial tones work fine. The carrier changed to a different channel on the T1 and we changed on our side, too. Any ideas please let me know. Will open ticket with Mitel as well. Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Delay on barge in outbound ONLY
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
Is "Fake Answer supervision" set to yes?

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:59 AM »
I will check.....what should it be? Thanks.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »
Checked the help files for ring down programming and found this under Class of Service Options form

Set the Individual Trunk Access field to "Yes".
Set  the ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk field to "No".
Set the Ringing Timer to 5 secs to ensure failsafe operation.
(Optional) Enable "Privacy Released" to allow other sets in the same key system group to enter a call in progress on the DTS line by pressing the busy DTS key.
(Optional) Enable "Ringing Line Select" to automatically answer a ringing DTS line when the handset is picked up.
(Optional) Set Disable Conference Join Tone to "Yes" to disable the tone that users hear when a conference call is established.
(Optional) Set Disable Executive Busy Override Tone to "Yes" to disable the tone that all parties in a call hear when a user initiates Executive Busy Override.
(Optional) Enable "Auto Release on Key Select" in the user's COS to automatically disconnect a call in progress when the user answers another line

Would assume you enabled privacy released as you say there is only a delay in barging in. Don't thing there is a privacy release timer anywhere. Can't see anything else in here that might be the cause other then there is this one timer ( 5 secs ). How long is your delay before barge in is allowed? 5 seconds perhaps? Wonder if for some reason when the ringing timer is counting down that the circuit is not considered answered and therefore you can't barge in. Other then this can't think what it might be short of a bug.

Offline jrg0852

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »
Thanks Ralph and Lou. Ralph. Fake Ans. Sup. is Yes, Ignore Ans. Sup. is Yes, Release Sup. Exp. is No, Audio Inhibei is No. Lou. I opened a ticket with Mitel and they had me make the exact changes that you indicated in their ticket. I am waiting to hear back from client if they still have the issue. Thanks, guys! :)

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:34 AM »
Let us know if it works. Only ever did auto ring down on BT trading turrets. Never done it on Mitel.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10