Author Topic: ID/Email Field in MCD5  (Read 1614 times)

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
ID/Email Field in MCD5
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the Email address field is used for in User and Device Configuration?  The description is The address the user's voice messages will be forwarded to.  But is that only for embedded voicemail?  We're using NuPoint on a standalone server.
But I've been asked to put a userID number from our employee management system into the phone system, so we can tie information in better when we do exports from the system.  But I need a field to populate in Mitel.

Does MCD version 6 allow for this a bit better maybe?  Does anyone have some screenshots?
OR, if we can do some sort of active directory integration, that would work too, but I think that is also in version 6 perhaps.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: ID/Email Field in MCD5
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
That field only works for the embedded VM.  It emails your voice mails to you when you receive them.

I'm not sure you can edit that field without burning a VM licenses.  Give it a shot and let us know how it works.

Ralph

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
Re: ID/Email Field in MCD5
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Looks like it works.. sort of..  I can put a unique in there but it complains that its not in the proper format.  so after the ID# I need to put @a.a at the end, and it'll accept it.  I went back and checked embedded VM licences, and we have none allocated, none available, none used, etc..  so it appears to not use a license if that field is filled in.  Probably only uses a license if the voicemail checkbox is checked in that other tab.
So when we export data, we'll just have to massage that field, and take out the @a.a  guess that'll have to do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10