Author Topic: IVR Issue - ringing time at extension  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Fraser

• View Profile
IVR Issue - ringing time at extension
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:25 AM »
Hi Guys

I am wondering if you can help me but I am directing a call to an extension via the voice mail auto attendant and the call is only ringing for approx 15 -20 seconds before a message comes on the line

"Thank you for calling, if you have a touch tone phone please dial the extension number you require........" etc.

I have adjusted a couple of the timers on the COS for the extension but nothing seems to make the ring time longer, before I mess the COS up further I thought I would ask the question.

FYI if I ring the DDI attached directly to the extension the phone continues to ring for at least 5 mins plus..I got bored after that.

Originally the auto attendant was routing through a name-tag hunt group and I thought it was the COS for the hunt group casuing the issue but this doesnt seem to be the case as I have taken the hunt group out of the equation.

Can anyone help?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: IVR Issue - ringing time at extension
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:46 AM »
If you are trying to reach an extension through an auto attendant then the call is being transferred. There is a unanswered transfer recall timer which is most likely pulling the call back to the Auto attendant after it has expired. Try making that timer longer or shutting off if possible in the COS of the auto attendant ports ( most likely voicemail ) or it may be required in the COS of the trunks.

Offline Fraser

• View Profile
Re: IVR Issue - ringing time at extension
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »
Thank you Loopylou

I didn't consider the COS on the VM ports so thats a big help.

In the end however I needed to throw the call out to a ring group rather than an individual extension so that seems to have made the issue go away

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10