Author Topic: Callers Getting prompted for Password  (Read 2337 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Callers Getting prompted for Password
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »
I have a user that uses the desktop version of UCA and when his extension get put into "forward all Calls" by the UCA desktop all users who call in are immediately prompted for a passcode.  The message is what we normally here if we dial 2501 and rout to our extension from any other phone but ours.  I just don't know why it's doing that?  The UCA desktop app is just setup to forward all calls when he's in a meeting.  If I manually set his phone to fwd to 2501 then it's correct.  If I manually fwd to 2500 then I am immediately prompted to enter a passcode.  Just not sure where this needs to be changed.  If anyone can shed some light that would be great.  Thanks

Perry

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Callers Getting prompted for Password
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
It sounds like you are forwarding to the Message Retrieval application, not the voicemail application, check your extension number for the Voice Mail application and forward to that.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
Ace,

You are correct but i'm not quite sure where to change that.  Is that under the USERS or is there a global way to change that.  I'm guessing that if another user starts using the UCA desktop that the same thing would happen.  What do you think?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
Hmmm... its been so long since I have done UCA on a 5000. So it is only on UCA softphones that you are having issues? Check the config in the MSL server and make sure that the Voicemail number is set to the extension of the actual VM application and not the Msg Retrieval application extension. I would also look at the System Call Foward path assigned to the softphone extension.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
Ace,

No this is a user with a 5330 on their desk.  When they use the UCA desktop app, and it sees they are out of office, it sets the phone to FWD.  Problem is when it does that, and a user calls, the caller gets prompted for a password instead of hearing the message.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10