Author Topic: Page Group Limit on Mitel 5000  (Read 3364 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Page Group Limit on Mitel 5000
« on: August 09, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »
I'm not seeing it, but is there a limit to the number of IP Phones in page group/zone?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:28:31 AM by ralph »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Page Group Limit on Mitel 5000
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
I haven’t seen a hard number, but the manual says to limit the number of phones. It probably depends on bandwidth and available system resources.

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
i would say under 30 but it depends on a lot of things. try it and monitor your processor usage. if it maxes it out you might want to change something.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »
Just as an update, I thought I'd explain why I was asking.

I have a customer with 45 5312 phones, and loudspeaker paging. This customer also has several parking positions programmed.

We were experiencing an issue, where if a caller was parked, they would hear any and all pages. I was desperately looking for a solution, and while 45 is > 30, when they would page, it wasn't spiking the processor too much and support felt I should have been fine.

Been working on this for the last 3+ weeks.

Finally by re-building the page zone device by device, and making a page after each addition, we found our problem.

Turns out that one of the phones had used FAC 313 so they could listen to the MOH at their desk. Apparently (support isn't sure if this is by design, a bug, or an unintended consequence of having the pages programmed on a phantom SL-8, on a phantom DEI at this point), but by this one user having "Background Music" enabled, it was binding the MOH and Paging audio paths together. As long as this users phone was either offline or not in the page zone, everything worked correctly.

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else is seeing this at all.

FYI, this customer is running rel 6.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10