Author Topic: Rec A Call feature: can it record the auto-attendant.  (Read 1872 times)

Offline doldenkamp

• View Profile
Rec A Call feature: can it record the auto-attendant.
« on: August 07, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »
Since we may on occasion record a call and I want to be compliant with state laws we have added notice in the auto attendant that their call may be recorded.

To be compliant I have to have that message recorded on the recording if the employee fails to also say the message.

Is there a way to set the Rec A Call feature to record the entire call from the time they land on the auto-attendant?

It is just recording from when the employee picks up the call.

Thanks for your help.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rec A Call feature: can it record the auto-attendant.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
Record a Call starts from when the user presses the Record a Call button, so the answer is no basically!

So if the user remembers to press the button this will hopefully prompt them to state that they are recording the call.

Offline doldenkamp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Ahh, thank you.

The telecom company said it would go back and record the whole call, but maybe I was thinking of a phone system add-on.

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
You can turn on RECORD A CALL TONES in system flags.
You can make the system play a "I'm going to start recording now" message: create a new system greeting, select it (day and night) for the record-a-call app, and be sure to turn on PLAY PRE-RECORD-A-CALL flag in system flags.  Works great, automatically, soon as button is pressed but DOES NOT appear on the recording.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10