Author Topic: auto hotdesk on UCA login  (Read 3569 times)

Offline jraward

• View Profile
auto hotdesk on UCA login
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:29:52 AM »
Is this possible to automatically hotdesk to a specified base DN when you log in to UCA6?

I know you can initiate a hotdesk to the base DN of a phone with your pin manually, but is there a way to do this automatically without a 3rd party program like unilogin?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: auto hotdesk on UCA login
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:56:05 AM »
Not sure I understand. When you hot desk you "overwrite" the base DN with the DN of the hotdesk profile. I am not sure why you want to go to a particular base DN? Sorry if I am being thick. 

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »
Not sure if this answer is what you look for but I think it can not be done without 3rd party software. I will explain with a scenario to see if this is what you look for.

We have a customer using RFID tokens to enter the building but also login at PC's. If they walk away the PC will auto lock etc.

When they put down the token, it will auto login their desktop with their profile, as well as phone and UCA.

You need 3rd party software to auto login the phone to that user's suername. Also you need 3rd party software to script UCA auto login. But from what I heard the UCA is a bit tricky since the 3rd party software will have to identify/capture the different overlayed screens UCA uses in order to login correctly or at least thats what they told me but it can be done.

The whole script logins the Hotdesker first and then it logs in the UCA since UCA prefers the default device to be active and it avoids confusion for the user.

Logging out people is easy though since it can be scheduled.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:48:13 AM by Dutch »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
Dutch,
How do you schedule an auto logout?

Ralph

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »
Dutch,
How do you schedule an auto logout?

Ralph

New feature of MCD 6

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 05:30:52 PM »
Ok.  But how is it done?

Ralph

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
In the Scheduler form there is now an option for user logout.
This could be set for whenever you like. There are some other handy new schedules as well like exporting SMDR, and also the ability to export/import any forms among other things. This could be handy to program a change, save a csv and import the form after hours for convenience. (I just thought of that :) ) I haven't looked too deeply in to it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:33:57 PM by sarond »

Offline jraward

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 05:17:54 AM »
Not sure if this answer is what you look for but I think it can not be done without 3rd party software. I will explain with a scenario to see if this is what you look for.

We have a customer using RFID tokens to enter the building but also login at PC's. If they walk away the PC will auto lock etc.

When they put down the token, it will auto login their desktop with their profile, as well as phone and UCA.

You need 3rd party software to auto login the phone to that user's suername. Also you need 3rd party software to script UCA auto login. But from what I heard the UCA is a bit tricky since the 3rd party software will have to identify/capture the different overlayed screens UCA uses in order to login correctly or at least thats what they told me but it can be done.

The whole script logins the Hotdesker first and then it logs in the UCA since UCA prefers the default device to be active and it avoids confusion for the user.

Logging out people is easy though since it can be scheduled.

Hi Dutch, what exactly do you use for the auto-login elements of this? Would be good to implement something like that here as we're looking at upgrading our RFID access system at the moment.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10