Author Topic: two questions....Silent Monitoring and Transfer to VM  (Read 3523 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
two questions....Silent Monitoring and Transfer to VM
« on: July 01, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
I have two questions that i cannot find answers to.

1- Regarding silent monitoring; is there a way to monitor a phone on a different switch in a cluster?  I have a trainer here in NY that wants to monitor someone sales people in PA.

2- Whats the easiest way to transfer someone into someone's voicemail.  Our admins requently answer the phone for VPs, and need to transfer the caller into VM.  She is telling me the procedure is too complex, and sometimes it doesn't even work.  Coming from cisco phones...we were able to transfer to #ext no. and it would go right to voicemail.  Keep in mind we are using NuPoint messaging...not the embedded VM.

Thanks

-Evan
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:47:23 PM by evan631 »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: two questions....Silent Monitoring and Transfer to VM
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »
 1)  My gut says it will work across nodes - as it is really just a conference call.  However I'd refer to the built in Sys Admin help to confirm.

2) How may VP's are we talking about?  If a manageable number, you can program a hunt group with *<ext> for each VP.  Then set the Call Reroute Always for the *<ext> to the VM pilot.  Then it works like Cisco in that transfer to *<ext> goes straight to the mailbox.  Wish you could wildcard the huntgroup as that is more or less how Cisco does it.

-Chak

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »
It is certainly a managable number.  I will try that with a few and see how that goes.

Thanks

-evan

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
You can also assign a system speedcall to a button that dials the VM, pauses, then pulses a *. Then they would dial the VP's ext number and release. This is the easiest way on a large scale that I have found. That being said it doesn't work well for slow people because the caller only gets the name not the greeting and if you don't immediatly hangup then you may only hear "mith and a tone" instead of "John Smith and a tone." You would think that this would be simple enough for Mitel to add as a feature.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
Thats what happens now sometimes...the caller will hear half the message.

Actually something that did work...We have a two single lines on the phone...8823, and 5823....the first alt rolls to 5823, but goes straight to VM.  The VP usually answers the phone.  The problem is the VP doesn't have the opportunity to answer the 2nd call, but the admin can answer and transfer directly to VM.  Seems to work for now, until VP wants to be able to answer the second call.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 11:54:59 PM »
  Good solution Matt - I like it....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10