Author Topic: CSM service crashes  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
CSM service crashes
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »
Greetings, I've got a major thorn in my side and I'm curious if anyone can help me remove it....

We are running Mitel Customer Service Manager (AKA CSM) 5.1.6.5. I have a pretty persistant issue with the process CSMSer~1.exe crashing and leaving a .NET 2.0 error in my Application log. I've contacted Mitel Support for help, but they're pretty much stumped. The crashes happen randomly as best, sometimes once a day, up to 4 times in a single day. Sometimes goes for days without any problems at all.

Event log text: "Faulting application csmser~1.exe, version 5.1.6.5, stamp 00000000, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.4937, stamp 4ecbcdd1, debug? 0, fault address 0x0004cd12."

This service crashing is usually restarted successfully by the server but then it take AT LEAST 5 minutes for the service to arrive at an online point again while it is (best I can tell) synchronizing with the phone system) (All it says is "Waiting for phone system...."

Sometimes the service crashes but there is no event log. Only the little CSM square in the systray flashing between the checkered square and a Question Mark. At this point it says "Waiting for CSM Server..." but the process is still running, at a very high processor usage, spiking to 100% usage constantly.  If I killed the CSMSer~1.exe Process in task manager I can successfully restart the service and after the standard 5 minutes the service comes back up.

I cannot be the only person to ever experience this , There HAS to be a way to fix this.... Anyone have suggestions? doesnt anyone share my same problem? Just curious.

- Mike

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
Re: CSM service crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:04:50 AM »
sorry not much to add really, but whenever i have had problems with the CSM server i have run csmsetup again and has sorted most things.
Any other software on there that might be causing an issue with it?
If you are CSM 5.1 then i assume it is virtualised on top of MAS, any updates to MAS 3 that will give CSM an update to install?

Or failing that CSM 6 is out, a last resort to get it upgraded to that and get rid of MAS underneath.

Mark.

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
Mark,

Thank you for the response. We're running the closest version we can get to 6, my boss doesnt want to make that leap yet as that is ALWAYS Mitel supports response when there is an issue "What version are you running? version x.x.x. Well we have a newer version, x.x.y, lets upgrade to that and it should resolve your issue".... Funny thing about that, they pulled that on us with the current version we went to... it was good for a few months and then the problems began again.

I do have a question though, with version 6 is the Database moved to the same server as the CSM install? I know right now the CSM install is running on a virtual machine hosted on the MAS but the database setting i find in the CSM server have it pointing back to the IP address of the MAS server.

I'm hoping for that needle in a haystack here, I have an unhappy call center who randomly lose their ability to see what their call traffic is doing because of this issue. Thanks for your feedback Mark!

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
yep when you move to CSM 6 the server becomes a standalone windows box or a vmware image with just windows.
On CSM 5 the database is within the MAS part of the server.
There is an upgrade path which works fine.
If you do upgrade then you will need a new windows license key which is more cost!

As for it crashing, i would be doing the same as you, on the phone to Mitel  :)

Sorry i can't think what it could be, don't see that many of them to be honest, so wouldn't call myself an expert.

If you do find a solution please post here as i would like to know as well.

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
While thinking about it more, I'm curious if rebooting the physical MAS server might make the system happier, granted it's a Linux Server and "should never need to be rebooted" It's probably the one thing I havent tried, and with a system uptime on it of 233 days, it couldnt hurt to give it a shot.

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »
worth a try, if you reboot MAS it will gracefully shut down the Windows instance and bring it back up.
You never know eh?

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
So we rebooted the MAS through a putty session using the shutdown reboot or reconfigure option. The system was back up and running within 10 minutes. So far no more CSM service crashes since 9am CST on July 30th. That's an improvement at least. We had reached the point where the service was previously crashing at least once a day.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10