Author Topic: Having trouble logging into programming on HX5000  (Read 1718 times)

Offline TravisM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Having trouble logging into programming on HX5000
« on: July 29, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »
New member here, I've searched for anyone who has had the same trouble and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been covered before.

Here is my situation: I have two 5000's IP networked together. They were two locations networked with VPN, but after a move to a new building on one side of the network, they are now networked over a wireless radio bridge and are, therefore, now on the same subnet. The network seems to be working fine and we have traffic between the systems, but now I cannot establish a programming session on the system that has a new IP address. I have edited the connection properties in system administration and diagnostics, and I can ping the system and reach it with a browser. Both systems are version 4.0.3.108. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Having trouble logging into programming on HX5000
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
Have you tried creating a new session with a new name and try to connect? Can you access the web portal or telnet to the other controller?

Offline TravisM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble logging into programming on HX5000
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
I actually just got the problem solved. I isolated the 5000 I couldn't log into from the network and voila! There was an IP conflict that occurred after the two systems were connected that didn't take down the telephone IP connection but prevented me from establishing a db programming session. I changed the IP address on the 5000, cursed the IT guy, and now everything is fine.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10