Author Topic: Just a few questions  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Joel0485

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Just a few questions
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »
Hey Everyone! First time poster here. I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on some configuration options for me.

I've inherited our current phone situation we have at my workplace. I have minimal knowledge of older phone systems in general. Just to give you guys a brief overview of what we have running our phones here.

Siemens Phone switch, Spectralink Wireless Phones, and a Mitel system.

I don't know much about the Mitel systems and all the phone configuration on the Siemens switch is done by a guy at the Corporate office.

We have a 3300 universal NSU and a 3300 Controller, these are connected to each other via fiber jumper. The connection to the network is coming from the NSU I believe.

The system is working fine, we've gotten to the point that we're expanding and needing to add new phones, and I can do that successfully. The main models we run are 5201IP and the newer ones we just bought are 5212's.

My question is, all of the older phones display their extension on caller ID when calling someone internally(all of the mitel phones are internal phones and cannot dial out) however, the new phones are all displaying "Mitel PRI" as the name associated with the extension. I've looked all through the System Configuration options and tried to compare the older phone configurations to the new configurations with no avail. How do I change what these phones display??

Thanks for the help and time of reading this jumbled mess, but I wanted to make sure everyone had details.

-Joel
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:13:45 AM by Joel0485 »

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
Re: Just a few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:47:27 AM »
Could be the class of service for the new extns, there is a lot of tick boxs for display in the COS section, check with an extn that works and then put the new extns in the same COS as a worker.

Offline Joel0485

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:34:48 AM »
Where/how do I get to the Class of Service section?

Thanks,

Joel

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:49 AM »
If you look in the devices section you can see the cos for each extn, then just match the new users to an extn that works.

Also if you look under System properties, system feature settings, Class of service options, in here you can set the cos options for each class.

Offline markadams69a

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:42:25 AM »
Also check in the telephone directory to make sure they are not set as private. If so this will prevent the number being displayed and will only show the name when a call is received.

Offline Joel0485

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
I checked the Class of Service section and the new phones were different COS than the old so I changed them to match the older phones, did not seem to make a difference. I also just checked the telephone directory and the privacy box was unchecked.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, is there anything else that could be causing the display to act like it is?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10