Author Topic: 8622 Handset and licence required  (Read 4021 times)

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
8622 Handset and licence required
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
I have a Mitel_5000_5_1_SP_4 and want to put some old Mitel 8622 Handsets onto it.  I've called my local supplier, only to be told that these handsets are no longer supported and that the licence required (Cat A) was discontinued 6 months ago.  Can anyone tell me if its still possible to get a license and still use these perfectly good handsets?  If they go wrong then I understand that they are not supported and I can live with that but I'd like to use what I have without having to splash out loads of cash simply because i'm six months too late for a license.  Or is it that the Mitel unit will no longer work with the phones and I've got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks

Sam

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 8622 Handset and licence required
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:04:55 AM »
Hmmm... odd... I can still add P/N 840.0226 MT5000 Lic IP Phone Category A for purchase in the online store, and saw no bulletin that the product (license) was discontinued, although the phones have been discontinued, might be a European thing though I guess.

There is a bulletin on Mitel's website called "Inter-Tel Digital and Legacy IP Endpoints Product Line Changes and Retirement Time Line - UK Region" that I am not able to access though, dated January of 2011, but apparently US distributors can not access that (or Mitel just doesn't like me).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:09:34 AM by acejavelin »

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply, where is the online store that you were looking at?  maybe I can look on there and have better luck?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »
Important warning: 86XX phones just won't work with some of the newer gigE switches such as HP , no fix available.  Seems to be an error in identifying speed of phone and even turning off autosense won't correct.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »
You can still order the Cat A licenses.

Tell your dealer they are in Sales Workbench under upgrades and spares / Mitel 5000 Upgrades / Desktop Devices / Licenses

Part # 840.0226, £60.00 Each.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply, where is the online store that you were looking at?  maybe I can look on there and have better luck?
The Mitel On-Online Store, used by dealers to order licenses and other parts directly from Mitel, it is not available to end-users.

I don't know the price in the UK, but by comparing the US prices, be warned that the price given by NTEDave may be dealer cost, not retail... In the US retail price of that license is $150.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »
£60.00 is the end user retail pricing in the UK, so $92 at todays rate, quite a bit cheaper in the UK for a change!

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »
Thanks for all the replys.  I'll get back to my supplier I think and see what they have to say about the spares and upgrades section.  Thanks for the help and if anyone else has anything else that they think would still be helpful i'm still all ears :-)

Thanks again....

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
Just to conclude, my supplier managed to find the licenses you outlined.  Thanks for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10