Author Topic: 5224 IP Phone - weird issue  (Read 3575 times)

dogoferis

5224 IP Phone - weird issue
« on: June 30, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Question,

I have a user whose secondary 5224 IP phone (we give them two) is exhibiting a strange behavior that I cannot seem to track down.  Normally when a call comes in on the main line it will answer as soon as you pick up the handset.  This person's phone no longer will do that - if a call rings in and he picks up the handset it does not answer until he actually presses the line key for his main extension.  Any ideas what could cause an issue like this and how one fixes it?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5224 IP Phone - weird issue
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
Is the call ringing on the secondary phone on a line appearance or the prime line for the secondary set?

If it is a line appearance check the COS for the secondary set to make sure "Ringing Line Select" is set to yes.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
Also verify the the user has not accidently activated the headset key.

Ralph
www.nortelphones.biz

dogoferis

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »
It was weird; we had removed the headset key from his secondary phone because it was not in use - but from the maintenance window on his controller the Locate Feature command showed the headset feature as being active. I ended up having to program a new headset button and have him turn the feature off - because clearing the features remotely and rebooting the phone didn't work.  Thanks everyone!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »
I'd  bet what happened is the user accidently dialed the headset on feature code.   I've seen this happen a lot.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:44:46 PM by ralph »

dogoferis

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:46 AM »
Here's an even more arcane issue:

I have a group of about 3 users who are periodically making long distance out of state outbound calls only to find that they can hear the customer but the customer cannot hear them.  The issue occurs in frequently on either of their two phones and if they hang up and call back immediately the call will be fine.  The users all sit close to each other and are on the same VLAN.  The problem is most likely not headset related because it is happening on the main and secondary phones; and they do not have headsets on their secondary phones. 

Even better; after using SMDR to see which controller the calls go out on - both calls which are normally completed and some of the calls which were problematic are going out on the same controller thus ruling out a specific ICP.

On pinging the phones there does not seem to be any packet loss to the phones.  I'm unsure what direction to take for further troubleshooting at this point

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »
You said it only happens on LD calls.
Are these calls going out the same trunks as the local calls?
If yes, I'd start pointing at the carrier.   They will need to do a trace while you duplicate the failure.
If no, it's possible you have a trunk issue or turnk port issue, but I'd still doubt it unless the calls are being routed between one or more PBX's.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:44:58 PM by ralph »

dogoferis

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 01:09:28 PM »
We have separate trunk groups for our Local and LD calls; however the LD group can overflow into local trunks if none are available.  Thanks that gives me a place to start looking. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10