Author Topic: Delayed ring or rollover for extension  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Total Legend

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Delayed ring or rollover for extension
« on: July 18, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »
I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to do this one thing, which I hope is possible to do. I am not sure if this is a delayed ring or a rollover, but here goes.

Example: Someone dials extension 3100, it should ring first on extension 3101; when it goes unanswered after a few rings, it then should roll over to the actual phone that has extension 3100.

I know how to do this in reverse under Set Key Assignments where I can have 3100 ring on 3101 at the same time or with a delay ring, but not in the method explained above.

Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this? Or if this is even possible within the ICP 3300 (6.0)?

Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Delayed ring or rollover for extension
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »
I know how to do this in reverse under Set Key Assignments where I can have 3100 ring on 3101 at the same time or with a delay ring, but not in the method explained above.

Go to the form "Multiline Appearance Groups" and you can reverse the delay ring there.

Ralph

Offline Total Legend

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Eventually I found it under Multiline Set Group Assignment, by accident even.

Now with that working I have a secondary question related to this.

Is there a way to increase the amount of rings for the delay? Currently it rings only twice before going to VM. I would have liked x3101 to ring four times, and then x3100 to ring 4 times (after being delayed) before going to VM. I can't find anywhere to actually set how many times an extension should ring, it's always between 4 and 5.

I admit to being new at this. I inherited this phone system from the original phone guy and I'm trying hard to wrap my head around this.

Thanks for the help!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »
The forward timer is in the COS of ext 3100.
Call Forward No Answer Timer.  Default 15 seconds.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10