Author Topic: Cannot delete MWI or Multicall keys  (Read 12668 times)

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Cannot delete MWI or Multicall keys
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »
I have an ACD group that has MWI for a mailbox on Nupoint. The MWI was permanently lit. I created a test ACD group with a mailbox to match a hunt group and tested MWI. The lights test from the nupoint turned the test mailbox light on and off as expected.
I am trying to delete and reprogram the existing ACD mb mwi by creating a hunt group that matches the number of the existing mb, but I cannot becuase the mwi keys exist on several phones. The mailbox appeaers in Multiline appearance groups as Single line, and if I try to unassign I get " Cannot change from single line or threshold alert to group"
When I try to clear the mwi keys I get an error "The line is currently in use"
The mailbox exists as a single line on one extension, and when I try to clear that I get"Clear the message waiting indication first"

I am completely stuck in a loop!
>:(

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot delete MWI or Multicall keys
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
If you pick up the handset and press the MWI button, what do you get?
Does it ring VM or an extension?

Ralph

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:06 PM »
It rings staright to voicemail, but there are no messages. When I run the command locate feature extension xxxxxxx, it shows message waiting indicator as on. I did change the system option "Superset callback message cancel timer" to 1, and I think that cleared it because the next morning the light was out. I left a test message in the mailbox, the light lit. Listened to and deleted the message and the light stayed lit.
I was thinking that this issue is because the mailbox does not exist as an extension, only a single line key and it is not behaving properly. This is why I wanted to create it as a hunt group, but I cannot because it already exists and I cannot clear it. I deleted it from tel dir and remote tel dir.
This is what I see when I run locate extension xxxxxx:

LOCATE: Non prime extension number.

If anyone has any ideas and/or can better assist and wouldn't mind, I can PM you a telephone number so we can discuss it.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »
Try this:
Change the COS on your phone to the same as the VM ports.
Put your phone in the same hunt group as the VM ports.
Use the message waiting off feature code to turn off the lamp.

Don't forget to change your COS back and remove your phone from the hunt group when done.

Ralph

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
I'd go with what Ralph has suggested, but also go in to the nupoint console and make sure that the MWI refresh schedule is in place to run daily, and see if that helps as well?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »
As an alternate, you could rebuild the mailbox then log in via Telnet and turn off the lamp.

Ralph

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
MWI lamp is currently off but I still cannot delete the keys. I can turn the light off from nupoint, but I don't want to. Another strange behavior is that the mailbox is an interflow path for the ACD but it no longer transfers to the mb. The interflow is going to the AA greeting. Something goofy going on with this extension. I am just about to scrap it and recreate the entire flow, but I still cannot delete the keys and I don't want to leave the old programming on the agent phones.

LOCATE: Non prime extension number.                                             
Active Features :                                                               
Service Level: Full

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:45 AM »
What is the exact error you get when trying to delete the keys?

Ralph

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »
When I try to delete the keys I get an error "Deassign the line explicitly before reassigning it".

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
That tells me you're trying to renumber the key or change it to something else.
What do you get when you click "clear key"?

Ralph

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »
Sorry for not posting that info earlier. I tried to do a clear key first. When I try to clear the single line key I get "Deassign the message waiting indicator lines first" When I try to clear the MWI lines I get "The line is currently in use"
The last thing I tried was to set the key to not assigned trhough multiline set keys form.
I have deleted the directory entry, remote directory entry on resil controller. The only suspect was that the MWI lamp was on, but it is not any longer.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
As an experiment, look up the MWI feature codes.
Then t the phone that has the last MWI button programmed:
Dial <MWI ON Feat Code>+<MWI button number>
Then dial <MWI OFF Feat Code>+<MWI button number>  do this one twice.

Ralph

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »
Experimentation is great. Entering the MWI activate and deactivate code twice in a row did the trick. I was able to clear all button programming. I reprogrammed the mailbox as a multicall key attached to a dummy PKM on one of the ACD phones and call rerouted it to vm pilot. Added a MWI key to my phone, left a message and the lamp lit. When I cleared the message, the light went out. KUDOS! I did try this before, but not twice in a row, didn't think to do that.

One other issue displaying itslef now. The ACD path plays a RAD that all agents are busy. After 45 seconds it plays another RAD that all agents are still busy and to press "1" to leave a message. The second RAD points to Path interflow dialing list "2" and in the dialing list digit "1" points to the ACD mailbox. I can dial the ACD mailbox directly from any phone, but when going through the RAD, it gives a busy tone. The same behavior on the path unavailable answer point DN when all agents are logged out. Busy tones.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
Is the ACD mailbox number rerouted always? You may need to forward always when coming from a path

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10