Author Topic: Play Announcement Alerting Caller of Call Recording Then Ring Live to Operators  (Read 9241 times)

Offline nstrum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have tried to do this several ways and have failed each time. I think I am making this more complicated than it needs to me. Can someone please help? I simply need all calls to go to a recorded announcement alerting them that all calls are monitored and recorded for quality assurance and then immediately go to a hunt group which rings our operators for live call answering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nathan

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What type of voicemail are you using? Does it have a greet and transfer type mailbox?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
"Frontending" your calls with a greet and transfer mailbox would do the trick. I suppose you could send calls to an ACD group with a RAD that plays the message and then interflows to the consoles but that is less precise. You don't want trunks directly answered by a RAD device as that provides DISA capabilities.

If your operators are 5550 consoles I am not sure that they can go into a hunt group. They really don't need to because you can point the calls after the RAD to a console soft key and put that key on all consoles. If you are using sets as "consoles" you could put them in a hunt group. 

Offline nstrum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I am currently using Nupoint. Here is what I tried...

1.) I setup a phantom number 2000. I call rerouted 2000 to our voicemail system.

2.) I setup a DID 851-5880. I setup 5880 as a phantom number. I used the call rerouting to point calls from 5880 to 2000.

3.) I setup a vm box in Nupoint as a call director that plays a message and then transfers the calls back to hunt group 5500 (which rings our receptionists phones for live answer).

The problem with this is that the Nupoint is picking up the 5880 and trying to send the call to a vm box 5880. I guess I do not understand how to point all of my DID's to one voice mailbox (2000).

Thank you,

Nathan

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
put 5880 as a speedcall that dials 2000. With it being phantom, voicemail still sees 5880

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
When you created 2000 as phantom how did you do it? The Nupont will see the extension that is forwarded to 2000 unless you shake the integration. Think you need a name tag hunt group for 2000.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Yup, name tag hunt group should do it. So 5880 is re routed to *2000 (name tag hunt group) and that is re routed to VM always (day/night 1/night 2 if you want it to follow that routing at all times)

Offline nstrum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
OK, but after the message plays on the 2000 vm, when the call reroutes back to the hunt group 5500 which rings the receptionist live, I need the call to be identified as 5880 and not 2000.

So basically I would need the call to come in as 5880 (or any other DID), reroute to 2000 and be identified as 2000 by Nupoint and reroute back to hunt group 5500 at which point it would be identified as 5880 (or any other of my DIDs).

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Have you acutally tried it? What do you see when it reroutes to the hunt group becuase I would think you would see the hunt group number and not 2000.

Offline nstrum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I tried 2 things that both did not work. 1.) I setup 5880 as a phantom number by adding it as a single line on an extension in multiline set key assignment. I then went to call rerouting assignment and set call reroute day/night1/night2 to 60. 60 is setup to route to 2000 in the call rerouting always alternative. 2000 is a hunt group with no members with the following settings:

Mode: Terminal (Also tried Circular)
COS: 1
Hunt Group Priority:64
Hunt Group Type: NameTag

I then went to call rerouting assignment and set 2000 to 2's under day/night1/night2. In call rerouting always alternative we have 2 pointed to 5000. 5000 is setup as our VoiceMail Hunt Group.

When I try this setup and call 851-5880 the voicemail system answers with the standard "Please enter a vm box number" which tells me the vm system is reading the call as 5880.

2.) I tried the same setup except pointing 5880 to 2000 in system speed call. When I call 851-5880 the call rings into the correct vm box 2000 which then transfers the call back to hunt group 5500 which is the hunt group that our live calls are setup to ring in on. However the problem here is that when the call rings into the live receptionists their screen pop software reads the call as 5500 and not 5880.

2000 is setup as a call director box and I tried using all of the transfer types pointing them to 5500.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Try this:

In the hunt grpuip you have set up set the the number to *2000 and put 2000 (without the star) as a member. Re route *2000 to 5000 always in day/night1/night2. Route the DDI to  *2000 (possibly system speed call) and see if that makes a difference. (I think you can leave the name tag hunt group empty but I'm never sure).

Offline nstrum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
X-Man, I tried what you suggested however the nupoint vm system is not putting the call in box 2000 (I just here the message "please enter a vm box number"). The only part of your message that I did not understand was when you said "I think you can leave the name tag hunt group empty but I'm never sure". I am not sure what this means exactly.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
No porblem, Nupoint must be reacting differently to embedded VM . The call flow should be DDI incoming to 5880 which is diverted always to *2000 which is diverted always to VM which should put it in 2000's box which greets and routes to the hunt group.

So its scenario 2 in your post below except for having the *2000 instead of just 2000

I am never sure whether i t needs the member in the name tag hunt group but as I have a working client using this method except in a  different scenario (call rings in on DDI and on no answer goes to a seperate maibox to that of the extension that rings; so the scenario is different in that in your case the extension is forwarded immediately but is very similar) and that has a member in thye name tag hunt group.

Offline nstrum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
X-man, I am sorry, I did not quite understand your last post?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Trying to explain how it should work.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10