Author Topic: Ring setup reroute question  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
Ring setup reroute question
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
Hi, looking to set up an extn so its ddi/did rings and then diverts to a different VM from the user. So an incoming ddi/did call rings the extn but doesn't divert to his vm box but to a company one.

Is this possable?

Just to expand on this, it's a site that rents office rooms, in this room there is 6 users, each with a ddi/did. One is the reception phone and they want her handset to ring for each ddi/did as well as the user for that ddi/did. Simple enough, but they also want each ddi/did to call reception and then fall back to the receptions mail box. The way it was sold was with six handsets and one mail box by the rental company to the users.

cheers

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Ring setup reroute question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »
What voice mail system?   Embedded or NuPoint?

Ralph

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:58:26 AM »
Embeded, but only the reception handset have a box the rest don't, and have not paid for one.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:15:34 AM »
I think you can try this.
if the receptionist mbox is 5555, create an acd path that is *5555.
Set it up to queue to the path for 1 second and then interflow to the VM.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:05:09 AM »
Possible to do the same with a name tag hunt group (NTHG *XXXX to match receptionist) and reroute the the call to that and set the name tag group which is re routed to to VM?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
sorry that last little bit bit should be re routed always to VM.

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
I still need the call to ring both the reception and the user.

So incoming DDI 2001, ring extns 2001 and reception at the same time, then falls back to the vm box of the reception. I need that method to work for five different users.

My thoughts was to make the calls all ring the reception handset so they will fall back to her VM but make the users extn ring as part of her handset but just for their DDI.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 11:39:39 AM »
Make the reception a multicall call key for each of the 5 phones  so the receptionist can answer by pressing a key then you can reroute the DDI number as normal using the above. Call flow is:

incoming DDI rings customer and a key on recepionist phone
Call is not answered and routes to the NTHG that matches the extension number with a star in front (you have to set this up in hunt groups)
call rings NTHG which is re routed  (re route NTHG number to VM alway).
Re route routes call to receptionist VM.

Do the same for all 5 phones. So 2001 is routed to *(receptionist number) which is rerouted always to VM
                                                     2002 is re routed to  *(receptionist number) which is re routed always to VM

Etc.

You could do it your way but then the users will have to answer on a key  (there is a way to overcome that but I think it breaks something else but can't remember what....) rather than the recepionist who will also get the advantage of knowing who is being called by looking at the key.

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
Looks good! i have the keys set up on the reception already, so i set up a hunt group that is the same as the reception phone but with the prefix of a star so reception is 7010 and the group will be *7010.

I then route the call to the extn, then 1st alt is the huntgroup *7010, then how do i reroute the hunt group to the VM, is it as simple as giving it no members.

PS what does NTHG mean i'm guessing something Hunt Group

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
NTHG = Name Tag hunt group, you use this in hunt group setup as the type of group.

You use call re routing to re route the name tag hunt group to always in the left hand three columns; the number and type of re routing is set in the call rerouting always config form . It must be set as a Name Tag hunt Group to work. day night 1 and night 2 if you want it work at all times and night service is used. Directory number to re route to is your voice mailaccess number.

Looks good! i have the keys set up on the reception already, so i set up a hunt group that is the same as the reception phone but with the prefix of a star so reception is 7010 and the group will be *7010.

I then route the call to the extn, then 1st alt is the huntgroup *7010, then how do i reroute the hunt group to the VM, is it as simple as giving it no members.

PS what does NTHG mean i'm guessing something Hunt Group

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »
Cheers, i found out the NTHG when i set up the group. I have set all this up and will pick it up again on monday, cheers for the support and enjoy the sunshine.

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 04:26:54 AM »
OK set this all up, i'm doing it remotley so want to try and get as much reight befrofe i call the customer. So as for the NTHG, if I dont put any members in the group will it the go to vm, and if not hows the best way to move the call to VM via the hunt group.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:00 AM »
No, you need to re route the NTHG (Put in the operator exension number without the star) in call rerouting always alternative to VM. So go to call re routing and find *1710 (or whatever the number is) and in the first three columns choose a number you haven't used before and set it to that. then go to call re routing always alternatives and set the number you chose to your diallable VM number and re route in the radio box choices.

Offline Magic Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 05:35:44 AM »
Yep found that out, all programmed up and tested OK. Cheers for the support X-Man your my hero! ;)

No really thanks alot.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10