Author Topic: 5330 Connects but has no sound  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Dave

• View Profile
5330 Connects but has no sound
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:17:11 AM »
I have a Mitel 3000 PBX and some Mitel 5330 phones in offsite locations routing back to the PBX over vpn connections.

I had an issue with one of the phones not having a dial tone, or being able to hear anything or be heard by the person on the other end.
I messed with the phone a bit - reset, reconfigured and eventually swapped out the phone. It worked for a while but now it is doing the same thing along with another phone at a different location.

Both phones started acting up when we changed over our public IP address.

All the fire wall rules have been adjusted, the VPN appliances were adjusted and the phones were adjusted to reflect the IP address change.

But now the phones will connect but nothing can be heard from the hand set or the speaker except the tones when the buttons are pressed to dial a number.

I feel like I am missing something simple. Any Help?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 5330 Connects but has no sound
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »
My guess is that the end device is being blocked by your firewall from talking to the other end device.
The packets must be able to flow from phone to phone.   Not just from phone to pbx.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: 5330 Connects but has no sound
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »
Somewhere during the process the routing probably got screwed up. Packets need to be able to flow packets from the external phone to controller for call setup and then from the external phone to all the IP addresses of devices the external phone might need to speak too.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10