Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Firmware Downgrade  (Read 5026 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 Firmware Downgrade
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »
Hello

Has anyone downgraded a 5000 Compact Flash card recently?

I've done it a few trimes on pre V4 systems but i've tried it today with a V5.1, trying to downgrade to a 5.0.

The ipaddress/admin url works but the username and password isn't working, if you log in with the normal username and password the Set Downgrade option isn't there.

Has Mitel taken the downgrade facility away?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 Firmware Downgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »
Hmmm... Not recently, but there is no reason that it shouldn't work, although downgrading has been a little tricky.

If you are having issues, return it to the previous software load, default the database, downgrade and verify everything is working properly, load the proper license key, and then restore the converted database and all should be fine. I don't recall anything in the release notes noting downgrading issues, but then again I don't always read them completely. :/

If things get real hairy, I would just call tech support and have them work you through it.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »
The actual Downgrade process is where I am stuck.

The way I used to do it doesn't work anymore.

You used to navigate to the web server of the system / admin, then enter admin and the default password for the user and pass, doing it this way used to enable a SetDowngrade button on the System Management page, this doesn't seem to work on the system I have here!

I was wondering if the feature had been removed or the process changed since V4??
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:09:25 AM by NTEDave »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
Might want to remove user name and password from above post.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »
I have recently downgraded from V6 to 5.1, when doing so it defaults the database so username/pass will be defaulted (maybe the same from 5.1 to 5.0)
Now to get the downgrade option you will need to login in via the WebGUI as the support account not admin.
You can also downgrade via USB which is how I did it before I new about the support login.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 03:38:21 AM »
Sarond, I think I love you.

ipaddress/support was the link I needed, then using support as the username and the default password got me in, now I can see the downgrade button!

Cheers!

BTW, I tried to downgrade via USB and the system found the earlier firmware on the stick but wouldn't actually downgrade to it, it said it was successful but didn't work  ???

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10