Author Topic: Call in but, not call out on 2 lines that used to work  (Read 1944 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
Call in but, not call out on 2 lines that used to work
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:41:47 PM »
On our 5340 phones, we have 2 lines dedicated to 1-800 #'s.

Key #22 and #23 on the 5340 phones each handle one of the 2 numbers.

I can call the 800 # and the appropriate line will ring (ie, #22 key or #23 key) and can answer the call just fine.

The problem comes when I try to call out, it will just phone the intercom hunt group inside the building.  It used to call out on the 800 # of the line you choose (ie, choose key #22, it would call out on that 800#)

This USED to work, but now it does not.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this so that instead of calling the IC huntgroup when pushing the button, I can call using an outside line?

Let me know!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call in but, not call out on 2 lines that used to work
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »
Keys 22 and 23 are hunt group keys, not trunk keys. There’s no way that they used to work as you described, unless someone reprogrammed them.

You could program them back to being trunk keys, but there must have been a reason for the change.

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, they did work before to call out, 100%.  I used it myself many times.

Since then, we had the phone tech change our ring for these lines to a "stuttered" ring via this method...

"Try assigning a line to a phantom and have the phantom set as a secondary extension key on the phone. That should provide a different ring tone for that line..."
per this thread...http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,3622.msg15002.html#msg15002

So, to still have the "stuttered" ring work for these lines, would I have to assign a new key to be used for calling out?  IE, one key for calls INBOUND (with Stuttered ring) and one for OUTBOUND calls?

Let me know, and thanks again for your prompt reply,

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
Got it fixed.  They (phone tech) created phantom extensions to get the stuttered ring for the line button (23&24) what handled incoming calls only, so we had to make a new key for calling out for those lines to access the trunk.

Thanks,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10