Author Topic: ARP Issues & HP Switches  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Stu_1977

• View Profile
ARP Issues & HP Switches
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:26:42 AM »
Hi All,

We have a recurring issue with silent calls which is resolved on a temporary basis by clearing the ARP cache on the 3300 (V4 SP2).  Mitel support are suggesting that there's an issue with our layer 2 switches (all HP A-Series switches) but seem to be at a loss to offer any further suggestions.  Has anyone else experienced ARP issues?  Does anyone know of any specific guidance for using A-Series switches with Mitel IP phones?

I've checked the basic ARP function on the network & for everything apart from the Mitel kit it's all looking ok.  We don't do any ARP proxying etc.

As you can probably tell, I'm not telephony 'expert' so any advice or pointers appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stu

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ARP Issues & HP Switches
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:34 AM »
If you connect to the serial port on the front of the 3300 do you get a constant stream of errors about unable to resolve ARP request or something like that? I saw something similar to this on a site the other day (running all HP switches as well). Their problem was that the teleworker wouldn't talk to the 3300, among other odd issues related to access to the 3300. I think they were running the same release (not my customer, but a contract job for another VAR). Everything came back up after a reboot, but I have no idea how long that fix will last.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10