Author Topic: Problem dialing from voicemail to extensions with no VM box configured  (Read 2907 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
It seems that dialing from the voicemail is supported only for those extensions that have configured voicemail box. When I dial an extension that has no voicemail box configured I get a 
"That extension is not valid, please try again.....you are being transferred to the operator", when I dial an extension with voicemail box configured I get a message "You are being transferred to <name>" and the dialed extension rings.

Am I missing something?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VM Options transfer to any number. You can also block desired leading digits

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Problem solved, thank you.

I just wonder why I can put only 10 characters into the "Restrict Numbers that Begin with e.g. (6,8,9)", If I would need to allow dialing only to extensions 14xx, if I'm not mistaken, I would need to put "0,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18,19,2,3,4,5,6,8,9" but is is already 42 characters.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Pretty sure you can only restrict on the first digit... Just putting in the ARS access codes is usually sufficient (8,9).

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
So what I should only restrict are the calls to the public trunks e.g. 9 (if 9 is used for dialing out)?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So what I should only restrict are the calls to the public trunks e.g. 9 (if 9 is used for dialing out)?

That's what I would do and you sould be fine IMHO

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
If you are looking to block toll fraud then yes you restrict any trunk access codes. In North America that typically is 9 but I have seen some sites that use 8. if you want to be even stricter you could block any leading digit that is not in your extension range. i.e your extensions are 2000-2999 then you could block 1, 3-9. It all depends on what you need to dial through the Auto Attendant.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10