Author Topic: Play dial tone instead of MoH to the caller in ACD Path  (Read 6837 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Play dial tone instead of MoH to the caller in ACD Path
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
I have ACD Path with a RAD message "...to speak with someone in the Sales Department press 2, for Tech Support press 3, for Human Resources press 4, for Customer Service press 5" played. When a caller presses a key (2 for example), he hears music on hold. Is there any way to play the normal dial tone or busy tone to the caller instead of music? Maybe the solution for this is very simple, but I couldn't figure it out.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Play dial tone instead of MoH to the caller in ACD Path
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
Turn off MOH on transfer? COS option for trunks and devices.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »
I have to ask, why are you not using a mlaa mailbox? For the acd path you could have an alternate music souce that plays dialtone

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:02:24 AM »
Johnp, I'm not using voicemail MLAA because the ACD Paths do not consume any additional Embedded VoiceMail Licenses and the customer has limited budget. Playing "dial tone" music to the caller seem to be a good idea but the problem is that the music selected in "Recording 1: Embedded Music Source" that played between the RAD recording 1 and RAD recording 2, the same us used while transferring out of the ACD Path. If i select "None" in "Recording 1: Embedded Music Source" the system MOH is played to the caller while while transferring out of the ACD Path.

X-man, I checked the "Music on Hold on Transfer" option for the sets and trunks and the option is already set to No.
Thank you for your respones.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »
Just a thought, wonder if its the supervised/unsupervised transfer thats the problem.....unsupervised gives ring tone on transfer whilst supervised gives MOH, not sure if its the same for transfer out of ACD paths.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
I'm thinking that a xfer out of an acd dialed path interflow is not the same as a phone doing an xfer.  So the MOH on xfer doesn't apply.

When you press '2' for tech support is it ringing an ACD path, a phone or buttons?

Ralph

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
When a caller presses 2...5 it goes to a ring group or directly to a phone's primary line.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »
Have you tried uploading a file into audio source 1, then choosing embedded source 1? I have a ringback wav if you want it

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
Yes, I uploaded audio file into audio source ID = 1 on System Audio Files Update and selected the audio in the Recording 1: Embedded Music Source. As I wrote previously, this audio is played to the caller after the RAD1 audio is played to the caller. The same is played when a caller presses a key as defined in the Path Interflow Dialing List. If the audio plays ringback tone it would confuse the caller because it would be played between the RAD messages.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »
Never seen an ACD queue used as an auto attendant before. Question: Why would you want the caller to hear busy tone or dial tone after selecting an option? Sounds more confusing then MOH. Just curious.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »
The last time I did this was for a separate company within a hospital who wanted a mlaa but not their music. I jailed them at one rad and interflowed with ring back as the music. If you are going to 2 messages, I would guess either a your call will be handled momentarily, recorded music or silence prompt would work

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »
Think a ring back tone would be the best option for a caller. Don't think they would want to hear a busy tone then someone saying "hello"

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 07:20:12 AM »
Is there any way to play the normal dial tone or busy tone to the caller instead of music?

Ringback tone in case the called party rings and busy tone if the called party is busy.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Most solutions suggested so far substitute a recorded tone for the MOH. Don't think you can get it to play one tone when the phone is busy and ring tone when the phone is not. You are using ACD for something other then what it was designed for so you are going to be limited in what you can do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10