Author Topic: Backup of the mitel 3300 system (server) taking long time  (Read 4601 times)

Offline tango999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Backup of the mitel 3300 system (server) taking long time
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:35 AM »
I have a question regarding the backup: we are a small organization using about 30 mitel phones. We just started a back up job and it is still running after 2 hours.

I wonder if this is normal? Does it take this long or if we have done something incorrectly?

Many thanks for any input.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Backup of the mitel 3300 system (server) taking long time
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:08:41 AM »
I am going to assume this is actually a 3300 because of the subject, even though it is in the 5000 area... a backup of a small 3300 controller generally should not take more than 10 minutes so something has failed. I would first open a telnet session to 2002 (or connect to the maintenance port on the front of the controller) and see if it's doing anything backup related but it's not likely, then just close all the browser windows and login again and check the logs. If it looks clean, start another backup with the telnet/serial port session open and you can see each step of the backup occur and see what/where it fails.

I would have moved this to the 3300 Forum, but for some reason my Moderator rights don't allow me to move posts! (<<-- for Ralph) :)

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:57 AM »
It does appear to be in the 3300 section.

To the question are you also backing up voicemail messages, call history etc. That can lengthen the backup time but I would think 2 hours is pushing it. Java up to date?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »
What release of Mitel software? What Internet explorer are you using? What release of Java?

Anything other than IE8 can be prblematic for backup.  We use a VM with IE8 running XP and so far it has been rock solid with every release of software.(up to MCD5)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
What is the size of the backup files after the backup work is finished after 2 hours? Look inside the backup tar file, maybe the voicemail data are too big.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
I assume you have made the necessary timeout reg modifications. I have seen on mmore than one occasion where the backup completes but doesn't appear to. As suggested monitor the command shell.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10