Author Topic: MBG SIP trunking proxy - sender's host name and domain configurable?  (Read 5179 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
SIP trunk provider of our customer requires sending host name in From part of Invite message instead of IP address. For example, this INVITE message was not accepted:

From: "Training Center" <sip:377183420@10.0.0.2:5060>;tag=0_995574272-101460707

but this was:

From: "Training Center" <sip:377183420@cz.in.gtsce.com>;tag=0_1604084272-101460756

I was looking in some setting in the MBG (version 8.0) but couldn't find anything, finally the solution (read 'hack') was to change the Host Name of the ICP (MCD 5.0 SP2 PR2) to "cz" and the Domain Name to "in.gtsce.com" on System IP Properties form. I would expect some configurable option on the MBG. Any ideas?

The configuration is virtual MBG in server gateway mode (WAN IP: 10.0.0.2, LAN IP: 172.16.10.10) and PBX (IP: 172.16.10.2).
Petr

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: MBG SIP trunking proxy - sender's host name and domain configurable?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 06:45:46 PM »
So the MBG is acting as the SIP proxy for mid call features?

There is no reason why you can't send the FQDN rather than the IP address. What are the details in the network element for the SIP provider on the 3300? Can you post a screen shot, or dump the details in a reply?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it sounds like the outside interface is in the DMZ. Wouldn't server only mode and custom configuration work?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »
Apparently server only mode isn't a supported setup for a SIP Proxy... Try and find it written anywhere, but apparently it isn't.  :-\

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »
I would tend to disagree as to it supported. I would think that if they suggest a MBG in DMZ in leiu of border gateway configurations elsewhere, that was their thought. It's worked for me, YMMV.

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:29:12 AM »
I was looking in some setting in the MBG (version 8.0) but couldn't find anything, finally the solution (read 'hack') was to change the Host Name of the ICP (MCD 5.0 SP2 PR2) to "cz" and the Domain Name to "in.gtsce.com" on System IP Properties form. I would expect some configurable option on the MBG. Any ideas?

It is not MBG's responsibility to translate the SIP URI if it's an FQDN. If you configure MCD to use one, then MBG will pass it through unmolested.

In short, this is an MCD configuration issue, not an MBG one.

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it sounds like the outside interface is in the DMZ. Wouldn't server only mode and custom configuration work?

Most of the time, if you have to resort to a custom network profile in MBG, it's because you're using an unsupported configuration.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 06:58:47 AM »
Having the FQDN in the SIP URI was just their requirement we could not do anything about it, unless we would try to find another provider.

Most of the time, if you have to resort to a custom network profile in MBG, it's because you're using an unsupported configuration.
The SIP trunk provider is not certified by Mitel and have no money to pay Mitel to certify every single SIP trunk provider our customers want to connect to. And re-certify them every time they decide upgrade their SIP server. Unfortunatelly Mitel support tends to reject support on SIP trunks connected uncertified SIP trunk providers (which I understand), so either help yourself, or find another source of help like this forum or just pray.

It is not MBG's responsibility to translate the SIP URI if it's an FQDN. If you configure MCD to use one, then MBG will pass it through unmolested.
Fortunately, when I changed the hostname and the domain on the MCD it fullfilled their requirement.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10