Author Topic: Software installer tool failure?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Software installer tool failure?
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Hi Guys,

Well I think its gone pear shaped on me with the software upgrade on one controller. I was able to upgrade 2 controllers to MCD 5.0 SP2 from MCD 4.2 using the SI tool with no dramas. I was able to take a backup on these as well with no issues. On the next day (today) I did not have my trusty laptop with the right version of java. So I decided to let the SI tool do the backup. I now believe that this was a bad idea as the upgrade stalled at some point the the controller reset and went into a loop. I have been forced to do a fresh installation with no DB. I have attached the SI log which shows at which point the controller reset during the upgrade.
Question:
1. Where does the SI tool save the backup before installing? I was using my laptop as my ftp server
2. Will it be possible to recover from this without having to reprogram from scratch?
3. Has anyone been in this kind of situation before?

I'm seriously at loss of what could have happened as this is the 3rd controller I was upgrading in exactly the same way.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Steve

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Software installer tool failure?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 03:43:16 AM »
Not sure but start having a look at C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/Mitel

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Software installer tool failure?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
I know its too late but best practise is always to do a manual backup before using the SI tool for an upgrade. You have discovered the reason why.

1). Not sure where the SI tool stores it but could you not search your laptop for files with the .ext that the 3300 uses when creating a backup? ( .tz or something ).

2). If it was an upgrade you can do that simple flip partition thing but going from 4.2 to 5 I think that is not available. You need to recover the datasave.

3). Yes and that is why I always do a manual backup before I do and upgrade.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10