Author Topic: System Audio Files Update - issues with uploading audio,RAD voice quality issues  (Read 4935 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Hi All,
      I'm setting up voice menu using ACD paths and when I jump from the 1st level to the 2nd level of the menu, I hear a small piece of MOH. Because I don't need the MoH to be played so I decided to play "silence" MoH to the caller instead, but here is the problem. In Audacity I generated 10 seconds of silence, changed the rate to 8000 Hz end exported the audio as wav with encoding A-law. When I tried to upload the audio I got following error:

Audio file update failed.(Raw data error.) Please try again. If this error persists, contact Technical Support.

Strange thing is that when I generated 1 second of noise in Audacity and saved it the same way, the file could be uploaded without issues.

I think it has something to do with this written in the system help: "When an audio file is downloaded, its audio amplitude is normalized by the controller to ensure uniform sound level and compliance with telecommunications regulations."

Also I recorded a message exported as 8000 Hz was a-law audio file, uploaded the file as a RAD message, but when I called the RAD the audio was with lots of noise, especially between the spoken words in the
message. The original audio was perfectly clear without any noise.

Any ideas? What tools are you using for audio mastering of RAD messages and MoH?

I can send you the audio files and even provide you DID number so you can listen.

Thank you
Petr

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Using Windows sound recorder when we create RAD messages. Never created a MOH file as we always use a standard Royalty free file.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
LoopyLou, where are you getting the standard royalty free files from? Here in the Czech Republic we cannot use copyrighted audio unless we pay OSA (http://www.osa.cz/osa---english.aspx) as MoH.

I fixed the problem in the meantime. I had to export the audio not into A-law but to u-Law format. PBX probably mess the audio up while transcoding from A-law to u-law. The RAD is now played without the ugly noise. Also the "silence" MoH is really a silence, not a noise.

Petr

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
There's a beep tone you can get formatted for the 3300 at www.university-music-on-hold.com

There is also some royalty free MOH pre-formatted for the3300.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
There are many instances of royalty free music on the www. That's wher we got it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10