Author Topic: Java  (Read 10714 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Java
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
I am running windows 7 and I am trying to run a backup and the backup buttons won't ungrey themselves. I am sure it has to do with Java. I have the latest installed and I have the IP address of this PBX in my trusted sites. Is there some advance settings I have to setup for this to work with 3300?  When I click on the link to download the identitydb.obj file to your local system it brings up  a page with a bunch of gibberish and it doesn't prompt me to save the file anywhere.

Thanks,

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Java
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:14:29 AM »
What level of software is on the 3300? it may need a patch for java to operate correctly. What Internet Explorer level...try not to use anything above IE8 even if you have to run it in a VM (which is what I do; IE8 in a windows XP VM, works splendidly).

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
Try this.............................

MITEL COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR

Article # 12-5191-00282
Symptoms 
After the latest Microsoft Windows update on September 24, 2012, the System Administration Tool (or ESM) does not provide the option to backup, and improperly reports that the ESM Backup/Restore page requires JAVA.
Background
After the Microsoft Windows Automatic Update is performed, when you launch ESM > Maintenance and Diagnostics > Backup or Restore, both ESM Backup and Restore pages display the message, “This page requires Java...” (as shown below) and you are unable to perform a backup or restore. In most cases, this problem is caused by an incompatibility in JavaScript, however, this error can also mean that the Java Runtime environment is not installed. Instructions for both possibilities are included in this bulletin.

Root Cause Analysis
The latest Windows Update is not compatible with the JavaScript used in the MCD software. To overcome the latest change with the Windows Update, Mitel is taking a proactive approach and providing a modified JavaScript to address this issue.

PC Platforms Affected:
We are currently only aware of the problem on PCs running Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9.

MCD Software Affected:
All MCD software versions from MCD 4.0 to the latest MCD 5.0 SP2 are potentially affected.

Workarounds
•   The short term workaround is to use the Software Installer to perform backup or restore (via the Full Installation menu options).
•   The current term workaround is to download the revised JavaScript and FTP it to your MCD platform. (See instructions below.)   
•   A long term solution will be made officially available in MCD 5.0 SP2 PR2 and MCD 6.0 or higher. These versions are scheduled for release in October and December 2012, respectively.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you perform the following workaround, ensure that you have the correct Java runtime environment installed by following the instructions that start on page 3.

To Download and FTP the Revised JavaScript:
You can use your preferred FTP client, or if you are not familiar with FTP, you can use the instructions below to use the FTP client supplied in the Windows operating system.
1.   Download the attached uwi_jretest.htm file and store it on your Windows PC (for example, in c:/patch).
2.   To open the Windows command line, click Start > Run…
3.   In the Run dialog, type cmd and then click OK.  A new DOS window opens, displaying the current path of C:/ < >
4.   Use the CD command to move to the folder/directory where you stored the uwi_jretest.htm file. For example, if you stored the file in C:/patch, type cd /patch.
5.   Start the FTP session by typing FTP <IP address of the MCD>. Enter the user name and password when prompted.
6.   Type cd  /sysro/webs/web/uwi/backup_restore and press Enter.
7.   Type bin and press Enter.
8.   Type rename uwi_jretest.htm uwi_jretest.ORIG
9.   Type put uwi_jretest.htm and press Enter.
10.   Type bye to exit the FTP session.
11.   Close the DOS window.

The Java script change is immediate.  You should be able to perform db backup immediately.

Determining Java Version
Since this error may also indicate that Java is not running properly, we suggest that you verify your Windows PC has the correct Java runtime environment.

1.   In a web browser, navigate to www. java.com and click Free Java Download.

2.   Click See all Java downloads.

3.   Click Verify Java has been installed correctly.

4.   Click Verify Java version.

5.   The correct Java Version 6 for ESM is shown here:

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »
Thanks for the Info.

3300 software is 5.0 SP2 PR1, my IE is 9 so I will roll back to 8 and see what happens. The java version I am using is version 7 update 25 Standard Editon 32 bit as I my browser is 32 bit.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
rolling back to IE8 did the trick thanks!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
Rolling back is not necessary... I just use IE Tab Multi in Chrome (FireFox & Maxthon have similar plug-ins as well) and change the rendering engine to "IE8 Forced", works beautifully.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »
When you get to MCD 6 you can start using firefox and get away from all the freaking IE headaches.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:50 AM »
When you get to MCD 6 you can start using firefox and get away from all the freaking IE headaches.

<Going off topic a bit>

But... But... But... Why would Mitel go FireFox?!?! Isn't Chrome more universally accepted and completely open? I gave up on FireFox months ago when they started releasing updates on a weekly basis which broke most of plug-in I like.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »
Thanks for the info I will give Chrome a shoot since I use this as my primary anyway.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 12:42:30 AM »
Thanks for the info I will give Chrome a shoot since I use this as my primary anyway.
Chrome will only work with an IE rendering engine plugin, like IE Tab or IE Multi, otherwise it must be Firefox or IE8.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »
Have not seen anything regarding Chrome support on the MCD as of yet. However the latest MAS supports Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »
Hey guys,

I feel silly asking this... but can someone elaborate on how I use the software installer to perform a back up?  I don't see the option.

Thanks in advance.
-Tyler

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 02:41:04 PM »
You choose full install and just choose backup

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 04:02:44 PM »
Oh now I get it :].

I was looking at the intro page after logging the software installer onto the 3300.  I was ticking the full install radio button and only saw the options to configure an FTP server.

Just had to click "Next"

Duh.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10