Author Topic: Last 4 digits of DID change to last 5 Digits for speedcalls  (Read 6165 times)

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
Hi all

for one reason or another I have a system that currently has lots of speedcalls mapping to extension numbers because the extension number doesn't match the last 4 digits of the DID.

Now, I want to change it so that the speed calls are 5 digits in length and not 4, so what I need the system to do is take the last 5 digits presented by the telcoms and not the last 4

Where would I make such a change? I don't know which form this would be in. I'm pretty sure the telcoms provider sends more than the last 4 digits but if not I can always get them to send more

The back story to this is that a clustered system also has some DIDs that are exactly the same on this system, although they won't accept having an extension number that doesn't match (don't ask....it's all political). So I have speedcalls on one system that match actual extension numbers on the other system

many thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Last 4 digits of DID change to last 5 Digits for speedcalls
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »
Trunk attributes (MCD5) and absorb digits.

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »
Thanks for that X-Man

currently it's set to absorb 2 digits....

currently my speed calls are 4 digits long....

does the above mean that the service provider are sending 6 digits....it's absorbing 2 digits, leaving me with 4

If I changed absorb digits to 1 - would that mean I could then have 5 digits for my speed calls?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »
Actually, it's only 1 trunk that's set to absorb 2 digits....all the others are set to 0

this is going to be difficult

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
BT here in blighty generally send 6 digits unless you specify another number usually anywhere between 3 and 6. So if you are absorbing 0 digits then your provider is probably sending 4 so you will need to get them to change that. And yes absorbing 1 would leave you with 5.

Although I have never done it if you blank the DDI incoming digit absorb and enter a digit instead in the insert field below it this may also work to give you the 5 digits you require. Note you can only have an entry in one of the fields, either one or the other but not both.

How many trunks have you got since all your BRI cirduits are usually under one Trunk attribute form. There may well be others there that are not actually used. I am assuming BRI but the same applies for PRI lines usually.(unless you have different providers that require different things.....

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
well I am also in good old Blighty....

They're BT links except 1, which is Cable and Wireless (although over a BT tail)...

so it's quite possible they're not all in use.... How do I find out? sorry, I'm still learning this system despite it being in place over a year

It reckons there's 5 trunks......

From memory, I think there's 3 'lines' physically plugged into the system - would that mean at least 3 trunks?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
I've just attached a picture of the trunks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »
That looks like a ISDN BRI; is there a card in the system at the top left with 4 RJ45's on it (and only three green lights? If so it looks like you have 3 x ISND 2e's (therefore 6 trunks (or lines if you like). Or is a card with just 2 RJ45's which would be a PRI but generally you would have 8 trunks on that.?

All the others may well be redunant and are added by the system on setup automatically.

So you should just be able to alter the one trunk attribute to cover all the lines....was it installed by BT perchance?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »
I've just wrote a nice reply to that, then my cat walked across the keyboard.....

to cut a long story short - under the digital trunks form there are 10 pages out of 13 that reference '2' as the TRUNK SERVICE NUMBER, which is the one that is set to absorb 2 numbers ( this is the one that i've got room to play with)

the other 3 pages on the digital trunks form reference one of the others as the TRUNK SERVICE NUMBER....

So, to answer your question.... they are not BRI's... there are 2 cards on the Mitel system each with 2 ports..... but only 3 CAT5 cables plugged into them from the BT and C&W equipment.... leaving one empty port...

I just need to work which trunks relate to what speed calls... I think in theory I can change the speed calls to 5 digits and just change that one trunk attributes form....

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
also, we have 10 different DID ranges.... how could I work out which one of those trunks they come in on?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
ahhhh crap - this isn't going to work for me.... If I change it to absorb 1 digit the extension numbers that are only 4 digits long that previously matched the DID before aren't going to work without speedcalls... I'd have to create hundreds of speed calls to fix it....

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 04:19:14 AM »
So they are PRI then. Possibly one of them is a backup circuit for the two main ones or you could have three PRI's that would give you a max of 90 lines (trunks). Or you could have two pri's and a link to another system? Difficult to say really. So one of the lines is really just a link to another system. I suspect you may have 2 PRI's as trunks to the PSTN and a PRI as a link to another system.

Ah, I thought you realised that you would have to do some work to get the 5 digits recognized for the DDI numbers.

The 10 pages in digital trunks doen't actually mean a lot. How many Trunk groups have you got and how many trunks in each trunk group? That will give you a count of actual trunks. Don't count any that are a repeat number BTW.

I think you need to pass this to someone who knows about clustered systems. That is not me unfortunately...guys....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10