Author Topic: ARS Specific Only to a Group of SIP Phones  (Read 3584 times)

Offline wkgeorge

• Contributer
    • View Profile
ARS Specific Only to a Group of SIP Phones
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
We have a group of 10 Polycom IP 7000 SIP conference phones and I'm trying to figure out how to program the 3300 such that if a user dials a 4 digit extension (7314) from the IP700 that the 3300 will actually dial the number as 92067887314. 

This would be simple enough, but the problem is all non-SIP phones need to behave differently.  The non-SIP phones need to dial that 4-digit extension directly, and not go to an outside line.

Is there any way to accomplish this?  The problem I'm running into is how to segregate the SIP phones from all the other phones such that an ARS digit dialed entry will only apply to the SIP phones.

Our vendor is saying it can't be done but I wanted to double-check here.

Thanks!

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
Re: ARS Specific Only to a Group of SIP Phones
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
To my best knowledge, it could be done with a "complicated" setup including loopback IP/XNET routes and COR programming.

Anyone have a better idea?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »
I'm curious.   Why would you not want the Polycoms to be able to dail 4 digits?

I'm thinking there may be two ways:
1 - Perhaps the Polycom itself has a way to set up dialing rules.
2 - as marcolive said, you could do some very complicated programming using an IP loopback.  Not easy but can be done.  This would be something that even a lot of VARS would know how to do.   I'm run into one situation where Mitel said "can't be done" and I did it with a loopback.

Ralph

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
as said before use digitmap on polycom, by far the simplist way

Offline wkgeorge

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
The reason we need to do this is because we are running an internal conference bridge (an old, no longer supported Mitel product called VCON) which will not recognize any DTMF tones from the SIP phones when dialed internally.  If the SIP phones dial the number from an outside line, the bridge does get the DTMF tones.  So we're sort of trying to pull a fast one on our users.  We don't want them to have to remember to dial the bridge as an outside call when for years they've been able to just dial a 4-digit extension.

I'm curious how I could use the digitmap on the Polycom to do this.  Perhaps that would be an easier approach and I'll do a little research on it to see if I can go that route.  Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 08:03:55 AM »
This is now a typical case for the use of Location Based Routing. Place the Polycom phones in a different zone and you can route differently through Speeddail or ARS. The only limit is 250 numbers

Offline wkgeorge

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply, wiseguy.  I'm not a 3300 expert, but I do get in and do programming if I need to.  Any chance you could give me a high-level instruction for location based routing?  For Zones, are you talking about creating a new Network Zone and then assigning that zone to the SIP phones in the Station Attribute form?  If so, I'm not sure where to go after that.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »
You need to be rls 6.0 to used Location Base Number.

It will do exactly what you need.

1-Location Base Number form (only put 7314 in the Location Base Number)
2-Network Zone Form (you need to have Zone 1 and Zone 2 with an LBN Prefix (example zone 1=61, zone 2 = 62)
3-Station Attributes (change the zone of your SIP Phone to 2)

So a phone in Zone 1 will now dial 617314 and your SIP Phone in zone 2 will dial 627314.

You can then do a speedcall 617314 to dial 7314 and and a speedcall 627314 to dial 92067887314 or to do it in the ARS with digit mod that will dial your number.

Offline wkgeorge

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »
That's perfect.  Thanks so much for the help!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10