Author Topic: Insufficient Memory & HTML Errors  (Read 2972 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Insufficient Memory & HTML Errors
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
So I got a ticket from a customer that we sub-contract for to look into a problem one of their customers is having... They have a Mitel CS-5200 with about seven 5320 and 5330 phones, 4 analog lines, and version 3.2, and the trouble is reported as "Experiencing One-way audio. Their telco said they have loose wires past the dmark. Error messages on the phone, HTML applications terminated, insufficient memory." System was just installed a month or so ago (it was a reused system). Never really had to troubleshoot issues like this, much less without tech support and this is a 4 hour drive one-way to the customer site... Thoughts on where to start and what to look for?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Insufficient Memory & HTML Errors
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »
Sounds like it could be a network issue.

Do the phones seem slow to respond to key presses, system or phones rebooting at all?

We had similar caused by an ethernet loop, the customer had managed to plug a patchlead from the PC port to a wall outlet causing a loop on the PoE switch.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:39:08 PM »
Thanks, I am going onsite tomorrow... It is a 4 hour drive one-way but that sounds like a solid place to start looking. The customer is not, ummm,  how do I say this tactfully, the most technically inclined, if you know what I mean, so anything is possible. At least this gives me someplace to look. The description of the trouble above is exactly as it was reported, when I called and tried to get more information they were not real helpful so we will see how it goes.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:25:09 AM »
FWIW... I went onsite yesterday and here is what I found: The HTML Application error and Insufficient Memory errors were because the system was v3.2 and the 5330 and 5320 phones had the "Display Image" box checked in the screensaver settings. The lines hot, ran the Hybrid and Loop Loss test and could never duplicate the one-way audio issue... 9 hours of driving and 2 hours onsite.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10