Author Topic: inter-tel 8662e model of phones  (Read 2441 times)

Offline nleslie1970

• View Profile
inter-tel 8662e model of phones
« on: June 03, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
I’m just curious anyone else has seen this issue with the inter-tel/mitel 8662 e voip phones.   I realize these phones are end of life and we'll be moving to the new phones so in a sense this question is academic.  I'm just curious why this happens.

Every so often these voip phones stops working, they're still on the network but can’t reach the mitel or intertel voip pbx.  You change the ip address of the phone and it starts working.  This has happened periodically for years with these models of phone.  I’m just curious if you’ve seen it and what might be the reason?   this usually happens on someones home network as we use the digital keysets and not voip in the office.

thanks

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: inter-tel 8662e model of phones
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:09:55 AM »
Duplicate IP address??

Are the phones set with a static internal IP Address that is still in the DHCP pool of the router?

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
Re: inter-tel 8662e model of phones
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
I've had this happen on a number of phones.  The DHCP functionality just dies.  I gave a couple to Mitel for repair, they just gave me used phones and charged me for them.  So, when it happened again, I gave each phone a static IP address and the problem went away.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10