Author Topic: DEE & Ring Groups  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
DEE & Ring Groups
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
I have a system with a small department that consists of 3 phones that are basically covered by the same person.  He would like calls to ring on all three phones at the same time.  I have set this up using a hunt group and phone extension list.

Other people in the company use DEE and he wants this setup so that when he is out of the office calls go to his cell phone.  My trouble is that because calls are being sent the the hunt group the DEE setting don't apply.  Really what he wants is to be able manually toggle between two different call setings

IN the office - rings three different extensions
OUT of the office  ring his cell phone

Any ideas?

Offline jmarx

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: DEE & Ring Groups
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:34:18 AM »
I think if you setup DEE for this extension with his phone not in DND it will ring the 3 phone in the 1 step with destination 1 pnone #1, destination 2 pnone #2, destination 3 pnone #3 and then in step 2 have it go to your cell phone. When you put the phon in DND and change the DND flag Enable DND Override I think it skips step 1 and goes to step 2.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »
I tried this but it didnt work.  The closest I have been able to come is

program x1001 with DEE to ring x1001 and mobile
program a Phantom extension (1007) which use DEE to ring x1001 & x1002

when he is in the office he call forwards his extensions (1001) to Phantom 1007;  incoming calls ring x1001 & x1002
when he leaves the office he turns off call forwarding and enable DEE; incoming calls ring x1001 & mobile.

While this does solve things 100%, only able to ring two of the three phones, it is workable in my situation as two of the phone are very close to each other.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »
Program his extn to ring with DEE turned on to twin to his mobile, this sorts when he is out and about.

Set up a Hunt Group with the three extns in as a list, forward all calls from the phone that rings to the Hunt Group.

All three phones will ring as a hunt group call will not follow an individuals call forwarding.

So it seems a bit backward but when he is in set the call forward, all phones ring.

When he is out turn the call forward off, his primary handset and mobile will ring.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »
Thanks NTEDave, that seems very close to what I did but allows me to ring all three phones. 

I am going to try it out in my lab this weekend and let you know how I make out.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »
Program his extn to ring with DEE turned on to twin to his mobile, this sorts when he is out and about.

Set up a Hunt Group with the three extns in as a list, forward all calls from the phone that rings to the Hunt Group.

All three phones will ring as a hunt group call will not follow an individuals call forwarding.

So it seems a bit backward but when he is in set the call forward, all phones ring.

When he is out turn the call forward off, his primary handset and mobile will ring.

Happy to report that this is how the client is now setup and seems to be working fine. 

Thanks for the help NTEDave

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 11:03:19 AM »
Cool, happy to be of help!  8)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10