Author Topic: programming a 5330 ip set for dss/blf and multi line buttons with the same exten  (Read 3388 times)

Offline pmartin97

• View Profile
Hello,I'm having trouble with setting up the Boss's assistant 5330 ip set(1723) with the capability of being able to answer his line if he is already on a call (1100).The problem is, I can make this work by adding a multicall button with ringing and she can answer the call but the DSS/BLF button has now lost the capability of giving her the indicator of seeing if he is on his line or not.Also when I do this the main reception (1330) also looses the ability of seeing if he is on his set as well.The DSS/BLF on her add on module doesn't seem to work either.Is there a way to set this up differently.I tried putting the boss and assistant into the same pickup group but I got the same results.Also the system would not let me add more than one DSS/BLF of the same extension(1100) to the 5330 set.Does this have anything to do with the sets being single or multi configuration type?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I'll take a stab at this.

Add a second key to the bosses phone.  For example if his ext is 1101 add button 21101.  Then forward his 1st line to his second on a busy condition.   Add these lines to the secretary's phone.  Keep the DSS button also.

Next, in system options, change the feature "DSS based on set" to yes.

Ralph

Offline pmartin97

• View Profile
Thanks Ralph. Will this effect his voicemail?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
No.  It will not affect VM.   
Reroute the extension to VM for all call types and then override the busy condition at the station either via the menu or feature code.
The VM box that picks up is the original called extension.

Ralph

Offline pmartin97

• View Profile
Thanks,I will give this a try tomorrow. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10