Author Topic: enable prefix on Mitel  (Read 11465 times)

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
enable prefix on Mitel
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »
Hi Mitel,

is it possible if we can set two different prefix on different COS?

Currently all our firm phone below to same COS, so that if someone call to outside call..we need to dial 9 + LOCAL number..

but we planning connect shanghai office Mitel IP phone to HK PBX, i want to ask if we can setup different COS for these device number to add  prefix number 9+0060 +86 ..so that user in shanghai only need to dail need to dial local number for outgoing call..

currently they need dial 9006086+china number..it looking a bit annoying to them..

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: enable prefix on Mitel
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »
Use ARS. Set up an ARS route so that anyone who dials a shanghai number gets routed to a digit modification table in an ars route that adds in the required numbers. So you need to set up ARS digits dialled, a digit mod plan to insert ther numbers and an ars route that use this info.

So for instance local shanghai numbers start with say 56 you would make a digit mod plan that absorbs nothing but inserts 9006086 and make a ars route that references this digit mod plan along with whatever else is needed to allow outgoing calls and then in the ars digit dialled you would point 56 at this route.

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Did i set any COR or COS?

i was plan put another leading digits for this..so i will change from 9006086 to 8006086 and what is the route medium type if i create the ASR Route.?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:22:03 AM »
No need for changes to COR/COS unless you have other needs(for security) just leave them the same.

No need for route lists/plans, just a simple route will do. If you change the lead digit are you still going to route via the '9' outside line? If so then nothing else needs to be done as long as the ARS route removes the leading digit. If you want to change to route via the '8' digit then you will have to set up ARS route that knows about 8 and where to send calls for outside lines; no real need to do this.

Set up a test before you put it live to your production server if you can.

You said you didn't want to dial leading digits in your OP so if you do its different.....Whatever the leading digit you will need to absorb that (change to original plan) and take the 9 out of the insert digits (or the 8 if you go that way). You will also neede to set up separate ARS routes for the 8 digit and add 8 in the ARS leading dgit form

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your detail explain..i would like that if HK people, they will dial 9+local number. Singapore ppls, since they are connecting our PBX, therefore if they need to dial to local number.. current they need to dial 9006065..but if we didnt change the leading digits..HK peole dial to HK local.they will change as 9006065 +?? so make hk dial plan wrong?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:01:10 AM »
Leading digit doesn't really matter as the ARS srtrips that and routes on what follows....so as long as the singapore and HK local numbers are different digits you can get ARS to route them for you. What are the singapore local numbers and the HK local numbers?

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:34:02 AM »
they are quite simiar..

we all following by 8 dights..for example ..my HK number is starting 6 , 8, 9 , 2..

sinagore starting 6, 8 , 9,

HK user will dial 96xxxxxxx, 98xxxxxxx
Singpore user will since connect to HK ..so will dial 90060656xxxxxxx (0060 is our long distance IDD service)..

therefore do we need to setup different leading digits

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:04:12 AM »
Ok. simple answer is to use a different leading digit. anything with a 9 follows the existing ARS anything with 8 goes to the new route that references the lines but adds in the digits needed. I use similar here for my ISDn trunks and my SIP trunks so i can use whichever i choose.

so ARS route for 8 would be absorb 1 and insert the 0060656 digits ( you don't need the 9 since the route will know that you need lines and you use the same ones as the existing ARS (use the existing line groups)).

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 02:21:09 AM »
Thanks. x-man.

By the way, do you have any idea about disable outbound CLI per extension?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 04:40:38 AM »
No sorry, far as I know it can't be done on the 3300. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong; I would like to use this function on occaision myself.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
By the way, do you have any idea about disable outbound CLI per extension?

I suppose you could use the Associated Extension form and put in an invalid CLID such as "0" or "5555555"

Ralph

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »
Hi Ralph,

any idea where i can find this in mitel? i cant find it on CSO?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »
It's not a COS options.
It a different form called "Associated Directory Numbers"

Simply add the extension number you want to block CLID on, use the drop down box to select CPN Substitution and then put "0000000" in the associated number field.   Now when the user dials out it should show 0000000 as it's caller ID.

Ralph

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 11:09:41 PM »
Hi Ralph,

When i try to add my extension to 00000000 , it still display our main line number when i call to my mobile..any idea where i missed?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 05:46:21 AM »
It will do that if your line provider does not allow presentation numbers (like here in the UK). So if you try and present a number that is not a DDI on the line then the line will give out the main billing number. hence ralph's suggestion would not work in the UK.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10