Author Topic: SMDR Export Question  (Read 7747 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
SMDR Export Question
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:35:59 AM »
I've looked through this site and I think I have the answer I just want to put this out there in case something has changed. Is there anyway to export SMDR info off the PBX into a spreadsheet or a pdf?

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SMDR Export Question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
The PBX will give you raw text data of a telnet port... it is like any other text data, how you manipulate it is up to you but the PBX will not give you a PDF or Excel file directly.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
If you only need to do it a few times or just to check up on a specific extension I've simply gone to the maintenance commands and did a "logs re smdr new 5000".   After the logs finish spitting out to the maintenance window I click my mouse on the window and hit <ctl>A  then <ctl>c
I then paste it into notepad, save it as a text file then import it into excel.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »
Thanks, I will try the copy/paste suggestion. How do I do this from a telnet sesssion? is it a specific port I log into?

thanks,

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
Ralph, I would not recommend using the LOGSYS READ SMDR command and then Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C to copy the result of two reasons:
1) From my experience experience the output of the LOGSYS READ SMDR into the System Response: window is every run different. Anybody can try to run the LOGSYS READ SMDR NEWEST 5000 several times and compare the results?
2) The output to the System Response: window is wrongly formatted and the import to excel would be difficult

Rather I would copy the SMDR log to a file using "LOGSYS READ SMDR INTO smdr_log NEWEST 5000" command and then download the output file via FTP from the box (path where the files are stored is: /db/cc/ )

Pakman,
  to read the SMDR log from the PBX, use Putty to connect to the box via port 1752 and then copy and paste the output. Please keep in mind that you can read the data only once.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »
Rather I would copy the SMDR log to a file using "LOGSYS READ SMDR INTO smdr_log NEWEST 5000" command and then download the output file via FTP from the box (path where the files are stored is: /db/cc/ )

Great suggestion!  I've never done it this way - I've forgotten that was even an options.

The copy/paste has worked well for me.  I've heard others say they've had issues but that has never been my experience.

Thanks petr.necas

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
Why bother with copy/paste....just set a file save in the session logging of putty and it will outup the info to a file for you in whichever way suits you from the options.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10