Author Topic: Mitel 3300 mxe with ITS telecom cgw-t4 GSM Gateway  (Read 2968 times)

Offline mlsthiel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 mxe with ITS telecom cgw-t4 GSM Gateway
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:10:06 PM »
Hello,

We recently bought a GSM Gateway. It is a analog to gsm gateway.
The gateway is configured and works fine. it have 4 analog poorts
We have Mitel icp 3300 MXe  with ASU
Wat we want to acomplish is that when user dial a gsm nummer the pbx have to route de call to one of the analog ports.
When all 4 ports are busy it have to route the calls through the digital trunks.

How can we doit any idea

best regards,

Marcio Thiel
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:20:56 PM by ralph »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 33oo mxe with ITS telecom cgw-t4 GSM Gateway
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:35 PM »
Do you have to dial a prefix for making a call out? If you do simplest method would be to set a prefix for gsm calls (say 7 (instead of the usual 9)) and then use ARS to route that prefix to a route list that references the gsm gateway ports first (assuming they go into LS trunk ports)  and then the digital trunks.

if the gsm ports are analogue extensions I'm not sure how it could be done.....

Offline mlsthiel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »
hello x-man,

The gsm gateway ports are connected as analog extensions on the ASU panel.

First we need to make a analog trunk from the 4 analog ports on the ASU panel.
Second  we have to make this accessible as Route type to ARS Route.

We already have  ARS digits Dialed configure. I need to new routes in ARS routes. there i have the option Trunk Group Member ( ip/Xnet trunk Group, Sip Trunk, TDM Trunk Group, Direct IP Route) and Route Type (Emergency, Non-verified account, PSTN Access Via DPNSS).

Sorry that i didn't mentioned earlier that i'm new to the ICP 3300 Mxe controller. I have make minor changes to the controller in the past but these are just Administration things.

Best regards,
Marcio Thiel

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »
The way that I would do this would be to use a route list, that way the user doesn't have to do anything different. If you start asking users to use 7 instead of 9 for mobiles, then they will just forget, or get lazy and still dial 9, thus defeating the purpose of the GSM dialler.

If you use a route list then once the 4 GSM gateway trunks are full then the next call will use the digital and the end user won't know any different,

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
I didnt think you could program the calls to go out an ONS port/analogue extensions, I thought you had to use LS ports to trunk calls over an analogue line.
If you are using BRI/PRI/SIP for your fixed line trunks I would move the GSM gateway to the LS ports on the back of the controller, if you are using PSTN, then you will need to get a ASU card with LS ports.

In terms of call routing I would use martyn's approach which will result in automatic overflow to the fixed lines when the GSM is full.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 04:39:56 AM »
just to be clear I mentioned the prefix because I am not aware with the OP's country whether gsm has its own number range, so to make sure I would do the prefix bit. However if it has then yes, a route list will do it without the prefix (I did however say to you use a route list).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10