Author Topic: Emergency Call Notification Across Members in a Cluster  (Read 3364 times)

Offline rjlpayne

• View Profile
Emergency Call Notification Across Members in a Cluster
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »
Since you cannot have resilient Emergency Hunt Groups nor add members who are not on your home element to an Emergency Hunt  Group (we've tried), and without having to purchase the ERA server, does anyone have an idea on how to notify a central site that users made a 911 call?  CESID not being used in this scenario.

What I've done is to bounce the call from the calling site to the monitoring site and back out again.

Monitoring Site <---------IPXNet--------------> Remote Site 911 Calls go out their local PSTN connection

Remote site calls 911

Route List that goes out the IP/XNET link first, if that is down, go out the local PSTN connection second.  No warning tone so there is no delay.

Remote Site inserts a digit into the string (like 8), to the call leave the remote site to the monitoring site as 8911

Call comes in as 8911 to the monitoring site.

I immediately take that call and send it out a Direct IP Route flagged as Emergency.

Call comes in as 8911 to the remote site.

I send out the 8911 call, and on the Digit Mod, strip off the 8.

So, 911 is dialed.

Leaves to the monitoring site as 8911

Call comes in to the monitoring site as 8911

Call goes out a Direct IP Route as an emergency call.

Successful emergency notification to emergency hunt groups and console, also showing that the correct extension as to who made the call.

Call enters the remote site as 8911.

Call goes out emergency route, stripping off the 8, leaving as 911.

Does anyone know of a simpler way of doing it?  Local Emergency notification only alerts if you traverse route on that local system flagged as emergency, not on remote systems, even in a cluster.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency Call Notification Across Members in a Cluster
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »
Yeah.  No easy way.  You could play with a loop back but that might actually be more of a hassle.
As you discovered, if you need to alert emergency phones you have to route the call through the connected controller the ER phones are on.   

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »
I have a customer who wanted to see the info after it was cleared by the first responder. My only thought woud be to add an ons class station in the group looped back to a trunk. They could then see the class info in call history. With that in mind, making the loop back ring to a group with an EHDU that dialed the central site may work. Would require some testing for sure.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:29:08 PM »
We opened a DCR for the exact same thing.  Hopefully you did too.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10