Author Topic: embedded voicemail to email  (Read 3716 times)

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
embedded voicemail to email
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
All,

I activated the embedded VM featuare on 3300, i want to us if there any way to display external caller number on the subject fied..currently only internal extension will dispaly..outside people leave the voicemail the email subject not display their number..i will display trunk number..

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: embedded voicemail to email
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:33:51 AM »
Our customer is having the same issue, I tested it on our PBX with SIP trunk and the subject of the e-mail contained caller's ID.

Subject: Voice Mail Message <775587412 >

Body:  This e-mail contains a voice message.
  Double click on the attached file to listen.
  <412@172.20.20.41>

When leaving a message from an internal phone the subject is without the caller's ID, just "Voice Mail Message" in the subject of the e-mail. So exactly opposite to what is my customer and you experiencing.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »
I thought you weren't supposed to enable external caller id in the embedded vm ports COS

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:39:29 PM »
I thought you weren't supposed to enable external caller id in the embedded vm ports COS

I thought the same thing. We have a customer where all calls are answered by embedded AA, and having inbound external CLID show up, was causing problems. Whenever anyone from 3M would call them, the embedded voicemail would see the "3" and route them to option 3 within the AA. Took us a while to nail it down.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
We do not have AA in place. Could you please what COS option I need to change for "enable external caller id in the embedded vm ports COS"?

I have found following thread http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1697119 but as suggested enabling the following COS options assigned to the VM ports does not do any good. 

Display ANI/ISDN Calling Number Only
Display ANI/DNIS/ISDN Calling/Called Number
Display Caller ID on Multicall/Keylines

The only diffrence I could see was that the subject "Voice Mail Message <775587412 >" changed to "Voice Mail Message <418@pbx.mercury.intra>" when calling from 775587412 to extension 418 (Display ANI/DNIS/ISDN Calling/Called Number was set from No to Yes).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10