Author Topic: Disconnect callers from MLAA root menu node  (Read 2546 times)

Offline mitelrocks

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Disconnect callers from MLAA root menu node
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »
Hi everyone,
I setup for the client here  a simple MLAA structure using embedded VM.  The MLAA has 1 sub menu from MLAA structure ("press 1 for security dept."...etc.."press 7 for more options".)   So option 7 (VM box) is a setup as a "menu node".   All of the options work just fine.   The client wants the option if the person does not press any numbers on the phone, that the MLAA instead of redirecting the call to the secretary here, the call is automatically disconnected.   I found in the documentation of how to change the menu node time out option (you have to log into VM as admin and press [2], then [2] and # till you get to the menu node timeout option.  I was able to set this option for the VM box 7 (menu node), and it works OK.   If the person calls in, then presses option 7 and then hears the rest of the options and does nothing, the system will repeat the prompt 3 times and then the call is disconnected - super.    OK, the problem I am having is at the root menu node, the actual MLAA.  If the person calls in and just does nothing the call is transfered to the secretary.  I cannot find any way of having the system disconnect the call if the user does not press any digits from the root menu node.   Any hints?   System is 3300 MXe III running MCD 4.2.   Thanks...

Offline mitelrocks

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Disconnect callers from MLAA root menu node
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:34:09 AM »
Well, the secretary is not happy with this so far.  At the root AA (when a client dials in a AA answers), if they press no buttons the AA will forward the call to the secretary (operator).  There are  alot of calls that she has had to answer. I found that I can remove the secretary / operator from the MLAA structure.  When this happens, after the greeting is played, the system will then say that "no one is available to take your call" and then dumps the user into the default VM box "0". The person can leave a message or not.  If the person does nothing (still) the system automatically disconnects the call, but this takes a good 2 minutes it seems like. Of course this means that this VM box is going to start to fill up.  I don't want the secretary to have to log into the VM box 0 and have to manually delete these messages.    I suppose the client here can opt to purchase the ACD package as I sugguested, but they just want to keep the simple MLAA in place for now.    Anyone have any ideas how to not allow the AA to dump the person into the VM box 0  and just disconnect the user instead?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:02:25 AM »
Could you setup this mailbox as an information only, that way it won't take messages.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »
can you use a system speed call to route 0 to something else; we did it by routing 0 to 6000 so they just keep going round in circles to the top level AA till they give up. Nobody in the company used 0 for the operator anyway in this case.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:59:58 PM »
You could answer callers in a menu node. You would loose the dial by name but it would follow the repeat 3 times and disconnect.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10