Author Topic: Conference Phone Suggestion for Digital System  (Read 2193 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Conference Phone Suggestion for Digital System
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
I have two rooms with standard Inter-Tel Digital Handsets.  I use the Konexx Konference http://www.konexx.com/konference.htm solution to attach Polycoms to those rooms.

Lately, the quality has degraded in that other people on the call cannot hear the speakers in these rooms very well.

I am under the impression that I have two choices:

Run a new "singleline" line (if possible) to those rooms for the Polycoms and get rid of the Konexx solution so that it's JUST the Polycom on the line.

Or, find a digital speaker phone solution to replace the intertel phones already there. 

Can anyone suggest a model of digital speaker phone that is plug and play with a 5000?

Thanks.

Adam in DC

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Conference Phone Suggestion for Digital System
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
I have two rooms with standard Inter-Tel Digital Handsets.  I use the Konexx Konference http://www.konexx.com/konference.htm solution to attach Polycoms to those rooms.

Lately, the quality has degraded in that other people on the call cannot hear the speakers in these rooms very well.

I am under the impression that I have two choices:

Run a new "singleline" line (if possible) to those rooms for the Polycoms and get rid of the Konexx solution so that it's JUST the Polycom on the line.

Or, find a digital speaker phone solution to replace the intertel phones already there. 

Can anyone suggest a model of digital speaker phone that is plug and play with a 5000?

Thanks.

Adam in DC
I am not sure I understand the question... I am not familiar with Konexx but have seen similar inline handset adapters and have never been impressed with the quality. Polycom equipment is still by far the best conference equipment available, even if it is 10 years old. They should be using an analog line already (or a Single Line extension of the Mitel 5000).

For "Digital Speakerphones that are plug and play to the 5000" there are no real options, all digital phones are proprietary to the system, so you could only use Inter-Tel/Mitel digital stations and there are no speakerphone options for those.

Now, if you have a newer system that supports SIP, Polycom has a SIP solution for that is very good as well.

If you are just looking for a phone with a good quality speakerphone, then the Mitel 5330/5340/5360 series of IP phones are excellent as an office speakerphone.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Phone Suggestion for Digital System
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »
The Mitel UC360 conference phone is freakin' awesome. It’s pricey, and you need to be at the latest release of 5.1 to configure it. I just put one in a couple of weeks ago, and I’m impressed.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10