Author Topic: MSG Notification to more than one ext.  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
MSG Notification to more than one ext.
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
How do I send msg notification to more than one ext on an associated mb?

Example: Ext A has an associated mb, Ext B has no mb but would also like to receive notification when a voicemail is dropped into Ext A mb (kind of like a secretary/manager scenario)

How can I achieve this?

Jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MSG Notification to more than one ext.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Voicemail to Email is your best bet... The 5000 doesn't have the ability to notify multiple extensions of a mailbox like the 5000.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
Voicemail to Email is your best bet... The 5000 doesn't have the ability to notify multiple extensions of a mailbox like the 5000.

I think Ace meant like a 3300.  ;)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »

I think Ace meant like a 3300.  ;)
Yes... Sometimes brain work faster than fingers...  ;D

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 11:08:19 AM »
I may be getting confused here but i think we've done this here using DEE (i think i even found it on this site)

Create a user for Ext A, then go into the newly created user, enable Dynamic Extension Express, then click Associated Destinations.
From there right click and select Add Associated Destination.
Change the Type to Desk2 and change the Destination to Ext B. (you may need to change MWI/Pullback to yes if its not already set)

Hopefully this works for you, we have an office with a shared VM box for 3 devices and we use this to make two of them notify of a message at the same time, can't seem to get all 3 to do it though!  :D

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
I may be getting confused here but i think we've done this here using DEE (i think i even found it on this site)

Create a user for Ext A, then go into the newly created user, enable Dynamic Extension Express, then click Associated Destinations.
From there right click and select Add Associated Destination.
Change the Type to Desk2 and change the Destination to Ext B. (you may need to change MWI/Pullback to yes if its not already set)

Hopefully this works for you, we have an office with a shared VM box for 3 devices and we use this to make two of them notify of a message at the same time, can't seem to get all 3 to do it though!  :D
In theory this works... in practice at a couple sites it has been... ummm... lets just say "unreliable".

The best solution here is to make an email distribution list including all parties who would get the message and email it to that address. In a better scenario if they have Exchange (or their other own email server) would be to put it in a shared account or folder and use UM to synch it via IMAP, then all users would be able to see when it was read or deleted from the mail server.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:28 PM »
Thanks for all the cool thoughts and info gentlemen. This gives me much to play with...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10